Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2008, 07:30 PM

I just got back from my cruise and I had a blast. I have to admit Wee Jimmy is a fun cruise director but his jokes needs some help (LOL). Everything was great my husband and I never had a dull moment on the ship. If itís your first cruise like it was for us I suggest that you get the Fountain fun card/ Soda card, because with that card you get unlimited drinks for everyone in your group (trust me it will pay for its self). By purchasing that you would only pay for the alcoholic beverages you buy or coffee from the cafe fan (special drinks). The food in the ďThe PointĒ Supper Club was fantastic the steak was mouthwatering and the lobster melts in your mouth. If you decide to make reservations ($ 30 pp) you will not be disappointed.

The only issue I had while on the ship was that this kid kept jumping on and off his bed and it would make a loud boom over our room. I suggest if you are a couple and want to have some quiet time because it's your anniversary or honeymoon choose another ship or go at another time where itís less children traffic.

I have prices to the Shore excursion and Spa if you would like to know a price just email me.

We didnít get a chance to go to Jamaica because someone on the ship got really sick and they had to call the coast guard to come and pick them up. We lost a lot of time and had to move on to Grand Cayman. While in Grand Cayman we just did a lot of shopping and that was fun. When we got to Cozumel the excursion we done was the ATV and Beach Adventure. If you donít mind running over a ton of rocks and hitting a ton of bumps this excursion is for you. If you never rode a atv I will advise against this excursion.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ms. J:
We didnít get a chance to go to Jamaica because someone on the ship got really sick and they had to call the coast guard to come and pick them up.
Thank you for being so nice about this. You would be suprised how many people would be upset about such a thing. I would be like you. I just want to says it nice to meet another nice cruiser and good person.
Emily
Holiday May 2009
Fantasy Feb. 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-23-2008, 08:21 PM
We the ship has to miss a port, the best thing is to just suck it up and keep on cruising...The ships really do have concerns for the welfare and safety of their passengers..even if there are some that doubt this...See how they would feel if it's someone in their family that needs the help...Happy Cruising..

Bob E
Old 03-24-2008, 12:19 AM

Welcome back Ms. J! Glad you had a wonderful cruise. Sorry you missed Jamaica though. We missed Grand Cayman on my last cruise due to weather. So I know it is dissappointing to miss a port. I just sucked it up as Berick mentioned. I hope the ATV excursion was at least dry! The people I saw coming back last year were covered with mud.

Dwayne
Old 03-24-2008, 06:00 AM

Unless they just started something new, the soda card is not for your whole group. It is for an individual. Using it any other way is misuse.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:31 AM

I may have misread that part. If the meaning was to use one soda card for the group, it is indeed a misuse, as Cruise Fanatic noted.

If that is the case, it is also theft in my opinion.

Dwayne
Old 03-24-2008, 09:19 AM
[quote]Originally posted by Ms. J:
I just got back from my cruise and I had a blast. I have to admit Wee Jimmy is a fun cruise director but his jokes needs some help (LOL).

I'm glad you liked Weeeeeeee - Jimmy as a CD. He is a friend and I will let him know. I knew him when he was an ***'t CD with my daughter was on the Triumph and Glory. I hope the jokes that needed some help wern't the ones he stole from me. LOL Did he do Pirate Jokes? And the one about lean beef? I hope he still wears his kilt.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:38 AM

Welcome back MrsJ, glad to hear you had a great time. Sorry you missed Jamaica, but I'm sure the passenger in distress appreciated the care. Can't wait to see what you select for your next cruise!
Old 04-01-2008, 01:41 PM

omg.. are you kidding me on the whole "misuse" and "theft" lol such strong words for getting a little extra free soda!
Old 04-01-2008, 02:42 PM

Yes, it is "just" soda. But it is still theft, so no, the words are not too strong. Like it or not, the cruise lines charge for soda (they did not use to do this but people abused the free soda and the expense became to high to offer it for free). Misuse of the fun fountain card is not condoned by the operators of this forum.

A soda costs about $1.50 on a cruise. From your reaction of "just a little extra free soda" I can assume you would be ok if the cabin steward came in and took $1.50 from your room three times a day because "heck, it was only a buck and a half"....
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
back, caribbean, carnival, conquest, cruise, excursion, issues, jamaica, jokes, review, reviews, safety, saturday, ship, western