Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2005, 11:32 PM
We are sailing on the Conquest on Feb 13. I have several questions to any of you who have taken this cruise. We will get to New Orleans the day before. We are staying at the Omni Royal in the French Quarter. Ages range from 4 to 56. 14 of us. Any suggestions on what to see and do? Also recommendations for getting from Hotel to Terminal? Thought of renting a limo but we are only 1 mile from the terminal according to the Hotel. What suggestions do you have for getting from the terminal back to the airport? Are there taxis waiting? What about limos? I understand a limo is about the same as a taxi. We are planning to go to Sunset Beach resort in Jamaica. I understand it is $20.00 and that includes food and drinks. Is that correct. Where do you go when you get there? In Grand Caymen we are doing the Stingray and snorkel tour and in Cozamel the Dolfin Swin. Tell me all the dos and don't for these excursions. Do we need to wear swim suites under our clothes or is there a place to change? Are there showers for afterwards? Also are there lockers for valuables? I would like to bring our digital camera and maybe movie camera but I have a feeling this would be a bad idea. Also if we bring money for shopping where do we put that? Do we need to bring towels from the ship? Any suggestions will be most appreciated.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:32 PM
We are sailing on the Conquest on Feb 13. I have several questions to any of you who have taken this cruise. We will get to New Orleans the day before. We are staying at the Omni Royal in the French Quarter. Ages range from 4 to 56. 14 of us. Any suggestions on what to see and do? Also recommendations for getting from Hotel to Terminal? Thought of renting a limo but we are only 1 mile from the terminal according to the Hotel. What suggestions do you have for getting from the terminal back to the airport? Are there taxis waiting? What about limos? I understand a limo is about the same as a taxi. We are planning to go to Sunset Beach resort in Jamaica. I understand it is $20.00 and that includes food and drinks. Is that correct. Where do you go when you get there? In Grand Caymen we are doing the Stingray and snorkel tour and in Cozamel the Dolfin Swin. Tell me all the dos and don't for these excursions. Do we need to wear swim suites under our clothes or is there a place to change? Are there showers for afterwards? Also are there lockers for valuables? I would like to bring our digital camera and maybe movie camera but I have a feeling this would be a bad idea. Also if we bring money for shopping where do we put that? Do we need to bring towels from the ship? Any suggestions will be most appreciated.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:53 PM

As far as New Orleans goes, you can walk around the French Quarter, have a beignet, and enjoy the Riverwalk (a large brick walkway that starts in the Quarter near the church and goes along the river to the cruise dock). Should it rain, there's Riverwalk Mall to see - it's huge!

For limos, try Extreme Elegance limousines. (Website is extremeelegance.com). They're reliable and offer good service with a variety of different size vehicles. You may need two or more for all those people!
Old 01-25-2005, 05:14 PM

Your cruise sounds like so much fun. You can find most of the answers to your questions in the reader reviews for the excursions you are taking located at

www.CaribbeanPortReviews.com

Just go to the island's page and then select from the reader review titles for the excursions you are interested in. It is fun reading. There is also a detailed special report of Chankanaab National Park there that will answer your questions.

I wouldn't worry about having your stuff stolen. Just use common sense and enjoy yourself. You will have a great time.

Tom
Old 01-28-2005, 09:45 PM

How are you getting to the hotel from the airport? Suggest trying to work out a deal with them for a ride to the terminal, or asking for recommendations. While riding to the hotel, offer favorable comments on their vehicle, driving, etc., and chances are you will secure a better rate.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:18 AM

SanDee,
Sounds like you have a great cruise planned. In Grand Cayman there are no lockers or changing facilities so plan to wear your suits under your clothes. At Chankanaab Park (dolphin swim) in Cozumel, there are changing rooms, but not sure about lockers. You will want to take the towels that the ship provides when going ashore.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carrnival, cayman, change, conquest, cozumel, cruise, excursion, excursions, grand, lockers, offer, place, questions, recommendations, swimwear, wear