Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2003, 07:25 PM

We sailed on July 27 2003.
We had a terrible time!!! WE were moved from room to room several times before they let us stay in a room on the riviera deck. Our son was put on the empress deck.(which was not really that bad.) But the food which was suppose to be some of the best, to us was some of the worse we had ever eaten. It is very pretty to look at, but the flavor left something to be delt with. Even the buffet wasn't all that good. when you could get the pizza resturant to fix pizzas the way you wanted them they were actually tasty, the problem is that they hardly would fix them your way even though the brochure states that they would. I also was stuck in the elevator for twenty minutes the day we went to cozumel. IT WAS TO ______ HOT for them to fiddle around getting me out but they took their time. Also the dryers on the rivera deck ruined all of our formal clothes, and some other clothing, preventing us from attending the second formal night, because we had nothing to wear for it. I am still waiting for them to replace clothing. I think that we will use ROYAL CARIBBEAN next time unless they replace our clothes, and work out the major kinks on this boat. Also I love children but I expect them to behave when in public areas and parents should not allow them to run wild but they did and some of the kids were up to no good and without proper supervision. plus it does not have adequate airconditioning and we could not get in pools or hot tubs even though some of them were for adults only they were always crowded with all kinds of kids, even in diapers. By the time the children went to bed at night the pools were emptied and cleaned for the next days use, so we never got to use them. I think that us paying over $5800, we might should have been able to use some of the ships amenities, but that is how this ship is, so beware before you sail. p.s. The bar on deck 3 in the lobby was the best part of the ship. The bartenders were very nice and courteous they deserve a medal for a job well done. our room steward was very good too. (Hello Pablo you were very good at your job I wish everyone else was as good at doing their job as you were.)
Old 08-06-2003, 07:25 PM

We sailed on July 27 2003.
We had a terrible time!!! WE were moved from room to room several times before they let us stay in a room on the riviera deck. Our son was put on the empress deck.(which was not really that bad.) But the food which was suppose to be some of the best, to us was some of the worse we had ever eaten. It is very pretty to look at, but the flavor left something to be delt with. Even the buffet wasn't all that good. when you could get the pizza resturant to fix pizzas the way you wanted them they were actually tasty, the problem is that they hardly would fix them your way even though the brochure states that they would. I also was stuck in the elevator for twenty minutes the day we went to cozumel. IT WAS TO ______ HOT for them to fiddle around getting me out but they took their time. Also the dryers on the rivera deck ruined all of our formal clothes, and some other clothing, preventing us from attending the second formal night, because we had nothing to wear for it. I am still waiting for them to replace clothing. I think that we will use ROYAL CARIBBEAN next time unless they replace our clothes, and work out the major kinks on this boat. Also I love children but I expect them to behave when in public areas and parents should not allow them to run wild but they did and some of the kids were up to no good and without proper supervision. plus it does not have adequate airconditioning and we could not get in pools or hot tubs even though some of them were for adults only they were always crowded with all kinds of kids, even in diapers. By the time the children went to bed at night the pools were emptied and cleaned for the next days use, so we never got to use them. I think that us paying over $5800, we might should have been able to use some of the ships amenities, but that is how this ship is, so beware before you sail. p.s. The bar on deck 3 in the lobby was the best part of the ship. The bartenders were very nice and courteous they deserve a medal for a job well done. our room steward was very good too. (Hello Pablo you were very good at your job I wish everyone else was as good at doing their job as you were.)
Old 08-07-2003, 07:09 AM

I am sorry to hear you did not have the time you expected on the Conquest. You are absolutely right parents should still control their kids on a cruise and the cruise line should enforce having the parents control their kids. Food is a personal thing and obviously Carnival did not make things the way you prefer but that can be on any ship or any line. I hear people brag about food on Celebrity and Celebrity had the worst food for us. I have never found great pizza on any cruise line.

You may not want to give up on Carnival totally. Food can be different in taste from ship to ship. Also the type of passenger can be different. We did back to back on the Victory and our first week had a lot of kids and a lot of party animal college kids. Our second week, even though on the same ship, was completely different. The college kids and kids with their family were gone and the cruise was much more peaceful and relaxing. In other words if you ever would consider Carnival again try to go when the majority of kids and college kids may be in school. You may find it far more enjoyable.

I wish you the best in finding a cruise that you will enjoy.
Old 08-07-2003, 02:01 PM
Banned

I just read the new review from someone on the same cruise as you. www.cruisereviews.com go to carnival, then conquest.

This person had the best time in the world!

So why on the same exact cruise did you have a "Terrible" time and they had a "Terrific" time?

I believe it is in the attitude of the person and how they deal with crisis as they arise. It's the old glass is half empty or half full. Given a choice, I would rather sail with them than you.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tom S:
I just read the new review from someone on the same cruise as you. http://www.cruisereviews.com go to carnival, then conquest.

This person had the best time in the world!

So why on the same exact cruise did you have a "Terrible" time and they had a "Terrific" time?

I believe it is in the attitude of the person and how they deal with crisis as they arise. It's the old glass is half empty or half full. Given a choice, I would rather sail with them than you.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:56 PM

Dear Tom, I probably would not want to cruise with you either. I prefer people with a little intelligence. If you had your clothes ruined,or stuck in a elevator,or could not swim or eat after spending over five thousand dollars your attitude might be a little different too, much less having (all of this happening to you.) I truly wander if you have ever cruised at all before, because this is not normal for a cruise. I normally have a very great attitude about all things in life but this was a very trying time on this cruise. I never said that everyone had a bad time just myself so don't get personal with me. I own a bussiness and have found out that you should ALWAYS work with the clients to help them enjoy your service to them, in which Carnival prides themselves in doing, just in this particular case they happened to fail at this part of their job. Carnival has realized that they had problems with this cruise in particular and are now working to correct the problems. So if you were'nt there how can you say you would not want to cruise with me? I am normally a very pleasant person, seems that your a little judgemental doesn't it?

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, conquest, cruise, food, kids, personal, stay