Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 03:42 PM

I just read on the forum where a travel agent just got off the Carnival Liberty. She said she enjoyed it very much, until the last day. (Whether this is happening to any other ships, I don't know.

She said on the last day she went to look for her pictures, and instead of them (some may have been)being on display, they were in separate boxes by date/activity, etc. She said it took her over an hour to go through them and finally gave up of not finding them.

If you have found this, would you let me know? I am a "picture" person, and I don't want to run into this problem when I get on the ship.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:48 PM
The easiest way around this problem is not to wait until the last day.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Or even better - take your own photos instead of paying the king's ransom the ship charges for their photos.

The ship doesn't have the space to keep every unsold photo on display. As f-mattox said...go down and look on the first evening after the photos were taken and they won't be in boxes. A travel agent should have known better than to wait till the last day.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:24 PM

As Dave has stated they simply don't have room to display seven days worth of all the pictures they take on a daily basis. If you see something you like then buy it when you see it. They aren't going to put them on sale.
This Travel Agent criticized the whole cruise on this one thing?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:15 AM
I am new to cruising and even I knew you don't wait til the last day to get your pictures heck they do have to get ready for the next group of folks.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Spritfilled:
I am new to cruising and even I knew you don't wait til the last day to get your pictures heck they do have to get ready for the next group of folks.
If you have a community spirit you can even help when you see a photo of you that you will not buy drop it in the receptical. It helps reduce the number of photos others need to search through to find their stuff.

We take our own photos but also like 1 or 2 professional protraits on the formal nights. They are very good photos. Rarely do we buy the dining room or the embarkation or the port shots getting off. But a classy posed shot of the family is worth it to us. Be sure you find it the next day so you don't have to seach through boxes or not find it at all.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:06 AM
On a second note. You have to think that soon the photos will become digital. Display more, sort with a touch screen and not waste so much photo paper. Technology must be able to help here. I ran the Utica BoilerMaker last July 9, a 15k race with 12,350 runners and I had an email advertising photos for sale and they displayed photos of me in it. Nobody did that manually for 12,300 runners. Technology can find a solution to Cruise Photo Storage I'm sure.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:13 PM

Yes, that is true, but I generally am having pictures taken right up to the very last day, and I want to check and see if they turned out good. For if they do, I want to purchase them.

One of the big problems I have found when they put the pictures out, there are only so many hours that they are available for you to look at. It is like Grand Central Station after dinner, when everyone is trying to look over everyone's shoulder to see if their picture are up, and where at!
Old 08-02-2007, 02:18 PM

Yes, you are right, and I did not see your response to me, before I had just replied. I "DO" take lots of pictures, but when it comes to pictures of me....at my age , people can't believe I look that good. Is it called vain, well I guess so, but then they will be my memories, hopefully.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:27 AM

As I said earlier, I "DO" try to buy them on a daily basis, but for the last day (pictures taken the night before), therein lies the problem.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, day, liberty