Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2003, 10:11 AM

Hi There,
We sailed on the Destiny in 2000 on our honeymoon and I found the ship to be wonderful. As for other cruises that go Southern Caribbean, there is RCI's Radiance of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas (I believe), and Norwegian's Sky. We have also sailed on NCL's Sky and it is a nice ship, too.

The only complaint I would have about the Destiny is that in our oceanview room, which was an adjoining room, we heard the people talking next door. On the Sky, we didn't hear anything. It was totally soundproof.

Anyway, whatever you decide, Aruba is a wonderful port and you will enjoy it.
Have fun
Old 01-21-2003, 10:08 AM

I'm back, and although I haven't had time to write a full review, thought I'd drop you a note to say we had a fantastic time! I have no idea why there were so many bad reviews for this ship! We loved everything about our trip. The ship was great, the food was awesome and plentiful, and the people, both guests and staff, were all so incredibly friendly!!! The people we were travelling with had been on the Carnival Fascination about 6-8 years ago and they said the Destiny was great and extremely well organized when it came to embarkation, debarkation, security, etc., especially compared to their last cruise! We got to the boat around 12:15 and were sitting up on Lido deck, sipping the drink of the day and getting ready to hit the food line by 12:45, at the latest!

Relax and look forward to your cruise! I'll try to post a full review ASAP.

Jen (Cruised the Destiny Jan 12-19, 2003)
Old 01-21-2003, 09:12 PM

My Husband and I are going on The Destiny coming up here in about 10 days. This to is our first cruise. I am very excited! I read all the nasty reviews about this cruise, and all the good ones also. I really think all the people who sits there and trashes the concept of the Destiny are very high class and spoiled. I really see it is how much you want to make it fun. I never in my life seen the true blues of the seas. Coming from a gal in Minnesota, you alll.lol. But I am sure we will have alot of fun. The age concept? I am 23 and my husband is 31. We like to have fun, party and also relax. This should be quite the experience for us! We also went out for the balcony room, since we truly didn't get a real honeymoon away from the cold. We have been married for about 9 months now.I will let you know everyone about this ship. My concept right now is having fun, spending time with hubby, making friends, enjoying and all of relaxation!
Wish us luck! Thanks Trisha from Minnesota!
Old 01-29-2003, 02:19 AM

Thanks to Jen for her comments on their recent cuise on the Destiny. We decided to cruise on the RC Adventure of the Seas on March 16th. It is nice to know that the Destiny is getting bashed a bit and we may try it next time. Also, having read many tips on this site we decided to arrive in PR on the 14th and stay one additional day after the cruise to avoid the rush to the airport.

Closed Thread

Tags
guadeloupe, king, papyrus, reviews