Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2006, 01:21 PM

I don't know what happened, but I started typing, and before I knew it, it was taken away.

I'm going to try again.

As you know, you learn through trial and error.

When we got ready to take the taxi to the ship, they (these are large taxi's that hold the luggage and people)loaded our luggage, but there wasn't enough room for us, so we wound up going on another taxi. Just make sure you are on the same vehicle that takes your luggage, and you should be alright.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:38 PM

Yep,

Usually only one ship in each terminal. If you get there by taxi it would be pretty hard for them to put your luggage on another ship.

It was pretty generous for them to give a credit for something that was not their fault. They do put some things on sale the last day of every cruise..t-shirts etc. But on island deals are way better.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:20 AM

we put our bathing suits in our carry-on and two outfits each just in case the luggage was misplaced or lost, we also took the advice of dave on this forum had to two check-ins and diveded the clothes between the two worked out great because one of our pieces got delayed for hours and i would not have had anything to wear otherwise great advise we were given
Old 11-11-2006, 07:26 AM

I agree, do split your clothes and pack in each others case. We flew in on Air France and got to Barcelona and they had lost 3 out of 4 of our suitcases. We had a carryon with extra clothes, but all the shampoos, anti perspirants, walking shoes and all were in the other three cases. We had the travel insurance, but they have 24 hours to get you your bag before that kicks in. So, if you don't have extra undies and all packed, you could be in a world of hurt. They will usually have your stuff to you at your next port of call. Luckily we had this with ours, but I had to do a walking excursion in my rainbows because I didn't want to wear the tennis shoes on the plane. Royal Carribean was nice and gave us some necessity things and a few t-shirts for my husband ( they didn't fit though) and that was about it. We did get a letter that if we had to purchase any items in port to submit that letter along with receipts to Air France and we should be reimbursed. There were at least 6 or more couples that we met on the cruise that had lost luggage. I will remember to pack differently the next time( I always have before, but this time did not, as we were rushed in packing the night before).

Sheila
Old 11-14-2006, 08:03 AM

Island Cruz, actually we did not arrive by Taxi. We were getting ready to get on the taxi when this happened.

You said you thought it was nice that the ship covered "some" of our expenses, I believe the reason why they did was that we had bought "insurance coverage", for just in case, and the coverage came in handy.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:09 AM

Yes, I have learned through through "trial and error." I normally carry my bathing suit with me now, as well as 1 set of clothes to change into.

I normally don't carry anymore clothes with me as I have my medicine and makeup with me, which can be heavy. With the new airline rules, I don't know how I will handle it, as I understand that everything had to be 3oz. or less and in something clear.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:14 AM

Yes, I agree when our luggage was lost for almost 5 days going on another ship, RCCL did try to help us out.

On one of the formal nights they tried to find dresses that would fit us, but they were too big, but they tried. As I said earlier, the money or credit we received, bought very little on the ship until we got to port. Most clothes, unless the cruise is just about over, are pretty expensive, and a lot of times, it really isn't what you want, but you only have so much selection to choose from.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, beachware, beachwear, cheap, company, cruise, inexpensive, piece, port, powered, shirts, suits, swimming, vbulletin, wear