Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2006, 10:54 AM

I read in another post that beachwear was available on the ships for a very cheap price. Does anyone know if this is true? I guess the person meant shorts, swimsuits,etc?
Old 11-07-2006, 10:54 AM

I read in another post that beachwear was available on the ships for a very cheap price. Does anyone know if this is true? I guess the person meant shorts, swimsuits,etc?
Old 11-07-2006, 11:15 AM

They do have shops on board, but I sure wouldn't consider them cheap. Some ports have some good deals.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:51 PM

Depends what you define as cheap. You might catch a sale at $20 for logo shorts. But IMHO most of the clothes are way over priced.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:42 PM

The luggage of one of the gals in my group on the Victory last week went to the wrong ship. Carnival gave her $175 shipboard credit to get clothes in the ship's gift shops. All she found were t-shirts, shorts and a few skirts. It cost her over $70 for one skirt and one t-shirt. She ended up taking them back because they were just not her style (She's pushing 60, and the clothes were more for 20-somethings.).

So, I wouldn't say the clothes on the ships are inexpensive.

Chris

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 11-08-2006, 10:55 AM

Oh my gosh, they sent her luggage to the wrong ship, how in the world did that happen?
quote:
Originally posted by mooneydiva:
The luggage of one of the gals in my group on the Victory last week went to the wrong ship. Carnival gave her $175 shipboard credit to get clothes in the ship's gift shops. All she found were t-shirts, shorts and a few skirts. It cost her over $70 for one skirt and one t-shirt. She ended up taking them back because they were just not her style (She's pushing 60, and the clothes were more for 20-somethings.).

So, I wouldn't say the clothes on the ships are inexpensive.

Chris
Old 11-08-2006, 01:31 PM

I agree that it depends on what your idea is about cheap. Granted they are nice and a good quality. I would say if you are picking something up just to ware for the cruise then when you hit port you can get a t shirt for $5.00.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:33 PM

And heaven forbid that you should actually want something bigger than about a size 10! The only thing they had in the Large lady size are the T-shirts in an XXL ... sure glad they have never lost my stuff cause I'd be in the dining room in same clothes for a week!
Old 11-09-2006, 12:40 PM

My friend and I were like someone that just reported here. We were on Royal Caribbean, and there were 3 other couples who like us, lost our luggage for almost 5 days, going on another ship. Yes, they did give us money, but when it came to buying a bathing suit, there was "only" 2 piece on the ship, and I didn't want it, but that is all I could find. Also the coverup was expensive too. So for both of the pieces, it was like $160. If you can make it till you get to port, you might find something cheaper.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:49 PM

This is horrible. Now I'm going to worry about them losing my luggage. Is it possible to take your luggage with you on the ship, without checking it with the porters?
quote:
Originally posted by brneyes:
My friend and I were like someone that just reported here. We were on Royal Caribbean, and there were 3 other couples who like us, lost our luggage for almost 5 days, going on another ship. Yes, they did give us money, but when it came to buying a bathing suit, there was "only" 2 piece on the ship, and I didn't want it, but that is all I could find. Also the coverup was expensive too. So for both of the pieces, it was like $160. If you can make it till you get to port, you might find something cheaper.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, beachware, beachwear, cheap, company, cruise, inexpensive, piece, port, powered, shirts, suits, swimming, vbulletin, wear