Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2006, 06:03 PM

Just got back yesterday from my cruise. I was very unhappy but had not heard of any problems about the ship other than mine before today. I actually booked with Fantasy and was switched for the cruise.
I was on the U deck. I had a lot of complaints but no one cared.
My first problem is that I did not book the Sensation. I payed for two other guests in my room and was embarrassed to gift them with this trip. Our shower was full of mold as was the shower curtain. Our window curtain was torn and tattered horribly...The first day after we boarded we stopped our cabin person and asked that he wash our phone and mirrors which looked as tho they had not EVER been cleaned and I mean never. We also asked for a hair dryer and were ignored. We left a note asking for the hairdryer and were ignored. The cabin person said that they just did not have time to prepare? Prepare for what? Every time I purchased a diet soda I was given a warm can that was FLAT...I asked for a fresh one and got another flat one. I did not find fountain sodas anywhere and am convinced the soda had been stored in the heat and they used them anyway. I was charged for each one and drank none.
Same at any bar.....handing a warm can with 3 ice cubes. There was one person trying to serve 2-3 tables dinner and that did not turn out well at all as you can imagine. One or two people at the table would get food and the rest would have to wait 10 min or more for theirs and then it was time for the next course. yada yada I booked and was confirmed 6 oclock dining and was changed to 8:30 without my permission. The picture people were so rude I tossed the pictures back to them and told them to keep them. They cancelled the shows and were told it was not safe because of rough waters. There was really nothing to do on the ship. They held us back in a crowd at the docks in the bahamas and it was hot and crowded and people were beginning to be uphappy. The buffets were never properly stocked and people were upset because they had to wait and wait for everything.
When I booked my cruise I was not given any discounts or concesssions. I feel that the ship was a mess. And because we were in rough seas a lot of folks sick and the bathrooms smelled.
It was certainly no ones pleasure on that ship to help anyone.......I sailed with RC on my last cruise and they REALLY made you feel like it was their pleasure to do anything.
I would like to say that the linens were nice and the towels were as well.
I too was not told about the towels on deck etc.
There were a lot more little problems but I will not keep going. I am told that it will be investigated and that I will hear something back hopefully in 45 days.
Why? Isn't the customer always right?
It was certainly NO ONES pleasure on this cruise to do anything.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:34 AM
your experience sounds like ours only we did not have the seasick part, buts lots of leaks all over the ship in buffet, bathrooms etc. sounded like we had the same crew too. maybe they are all related, I am shooting a letter out today and the 3 comment sheets with them, I did not want to leave them on ship as was afraid they would not make it to customer service so I mailed them with a list of things that I had posted here, I know I will not sail the sensation, or the esctasy after this, nor any other that comes out of dry dock as if these were improvements I shutter to think!!! Fran
Old 04-18-2006, 09:11 AM

I was on the Sensation March 23rd, and we had a horrible experience. Our suite was $2,600.00 and the bathroom was also moldy and rusty. We were the group that had to wait in the parking lot from 1pm til 10pm. The Sensation had 6 major safety violations and the Coast Guard would not clear it to sail. Many on our cruise had to be given different rooms due to wet carpets and water running down the walls. We had prepaid for drink tickets and did not get them til the end of the second night. I could go on, but there is no point in beating a dead ship.

I wrote an email to Carnival and a few weeks later received a curt response saying "we gave you 25% off your next cruise, there will be no further compensation." I didn't want compensation, I wanted an apology for standing in the dark parking lot for many hours with no toliet, water or food. IF I ever cruise again, it would be with a different cruise line.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:45 AM

Sounds like Carnival are going to be very sorry for letting the Sensation sail. I think that as a large organisation they need to rethink the contractors they use for dry-dock renovations.

I would just like to defend the crew (being a crewmember myself) by saying that the morale onboard that ship must be the lowest in the fleet. I'm not saying that crewmembers were not rude etc (I haven't experienced what you guys have so can't compare) however they have been thrown onto a ship that is not 100% ready to sail. The Fantasy and Sensation are 2 of the oldest ships and so yes some of the crew may be new hires. I think if I were on that ship I would probably be a bit off with people. I wouldn't exactly be happy if I had been placed on a ship that is not finished, all you deal with is complaints. Yes, the guests are perfectly right to complain and I am not saying that you're not. From a morale point of view, I do feel for the crew.

When I was on the last ship the Fantsay, the morale was low sopmetimes so the Sensation must be horrible to work on at the moment.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:39 PM

We are going on the Fantasy to the Grandturks and Bahama new ports of call this summer.Thank Goodness. Was surpose to be on the Sensation.After what you went threw I am so glad for my trip they flip flopped the two ships. I have been on this will be my 8th cruise and out of seven three were Carnival and 3 were Royal Carribean,one was a Costa.I would be so upset if I were you.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:42 AM

I hope that Carnival gets their act together before July since we are going on the Sensation then.

Closed Thread

Tags
1doll, carnial, cruise, rdeck, review, udeck