Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2008, 08:22 PM

In your opinion, What is the best month to cruise? We are thinking about booking a cruise to Cozumel and Cayman Islands.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:22 PM

In your opinion, What is the best month to cruise? We are thinking about booking a cruise to Cozumel and Cayman Islands.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:32 PM
If I had to pick one month for the Caribbean, I would pick February; it's after the Holidays and before Spring break; it's less crowded and before the rainy saesaon.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:37 PM

It's hard to say for me. I liked the March cruise because of the weather, the college kids didn't bother me. It was a great way to come out of winter.

Dwayne
Old 02-19-2008, 10:26 AM

Hmmm....January, February, March, April, May, June, July...any of them are great. The weather doesn't change much any time of the year. Hurricane season is June through November, but we've cruised in September, October, November, and December without any problems. If children bother you, don't book during the summer, spring break, or Christmas when they're out of school. Late February, early March I guess would be optimum, but I'd go any time I could
Old 02-19-2008, 11:19 AM

I have only cruised once in my life....this past October 07. We went to the Western Carib, visiting Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. It did rain almost every day, but only briefly. The only excursion that we were rained on was swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman and we were already wet and in the water anyway - so it didn't matter to us. The sea was a little rough - but we thought that that's just how it always was....until more experienced cruisers informed us otherwise. I guess we were just thrilled to be there - so weather and rough seas didn't bother us at all. I would go anytime....but would love to escape NY weather in February!!! That's when the blues set in good and I'm craving sun, sand and saltwater!!
Old 02-25-2008, 12:41 PM

It probably partially depends on what part of the country you are from. About 11 years my husband and I did a cruise in January that left from San Juan. When we left our local airport the actual air temperature was around -30, with windchills in excess of -60. When we next where outside in San Juan it was in the 80's. In my opinion that makes January a pretty good bet if you live in a cold weather state.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:11 PM

Best dates for cruise pricing are Sept through early Nov and also early Dec has very attractive rates. I agree with the post that addressed where you live. If I lived in a cold climate I'd want to get away from the cold in either Jan or Feb. Anytime is a good time to be on a cruise ship though.

cheers, Neil
Old 02-25-2008, 02:23 PM

I prefer cruising in late winter or early fall. the open decks can be a bit hot for me in the middle of summer.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:36 PM

I've cruised in Sept, Nov, Jan & Feb and the weather was great for all of them. Those are the months we have found the best rates. I live in FL, & it does get chilly here at times. (When it's in the 80's during the day and in the 30's at night it's a pretty big shock to your system!) Even when it's chilly in the port, it's still beautiful in the Caribbean! And I have to say I agree with the poster who said any time is a good (GREAT) time to be on a cruise ship!
Elation, CCL 9-24-06
Carnival Victory, CCL 1-28-07
Sovereign of the Seas, Royal Caribbean, 9-24-07

Closed Thread

Tags
aventuras, bad, cozumel, cruise, cruising, december, february, good, month, months, puerto, rough, seas, september, smoothest, weather