Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2007, 11:11 AM

I have sailed with Carnival 3 times and NCL twice. I have enjoyed cruising with Carnival but we have friends that say they enjoyed Princess lines better. I have 2 teenagers that love Carnival better than NCL. Please give me feedback from my fellow cruisers.

Caribbean Discounts & Deals
Old 04-15-2007, 12:00 PM

If you're taking your teenagers stck with Carnival. Since you like it and they love it its a no lose option. You may well enjoy Princess and may even prefer it but if your teens are not happy how enjoyable will your cruise be?

My kids loved Carnival (when they were both still at home) as well but once thay sailed Royal Caribbean on a Voyager class I was stuck with that. Not a bad thing to be stuck with, I prefer them too but the cost difference hurt from time to time. While you've got 'em enjoy 'em. Won't be much longer 'til they'll be on their own. Then they can become very successful and take you on cruises for a change.

Happy sailing, Neil
Old 04-17-2007, 07:42 AM

Princess, to me, is a much better line than Carnival. They do have a children's program that keeps them busy and happy. The prices are competitive with Carnival and I don't think you'd be disappointed at all. The ships are immaculate, the service is impeccable, and the food is great. We've been on HAL, NCL, RCL, Costa, Carnival, and Princess. So far, Princess does it best!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Banned

I can only vouch for Carnival or RCCL. We have two teenage daughters. Ages are 13 and 17. They absolutely love Carnival's programs. Sleepovers, pizza and ice cream parties, excursions, game and video arcade, waterslide, discos, talent shows, treasure hunts, swimming under the stars, plus much more.
On the flip side, I have heard from many that Princess is a wonderful line, as well. A'ndrea
Old 04-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Banned

I will throw my change in here too. I have two daughters 15 and 11. They have been on both Princess and NCL. Honestly, it wouldn't matter what cruise line I told them we were going on as long as they get to go. From what I have seen, all the cruise lines do a great job in catering to the kids. A lot has to do with each childs own personality (introvert/extrovert)and if there are other kids that they connect with in the program. Also, the time of year. No kids program will be strong during a November, January, or February sailing due to many kids being in school.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Banned

February is usually a very busy cruise month for kids. Here on the East Coast it's winter break during President's week and the week after. This year we decided to pull our daughters out of school first week in February. There were very few kids on Pride. Normally, when we do cruise, we go during our girls' winter or spring break and Carnival is always loaded with kids. January and November are the safest bets for avoiding kids. A'ndrea
Old 04-18-2007, 05:40 PM

We normally either cruise in September the heart of hurricane season. We live in Southwest Florida so I do not worry about hurricanes. I have lived in Florida since '78 and have been through a handful of major ones and the cruise lines steer around them. The other time we sail is in early to mid December. I always take the kids out of school for the week. I like these times of the year because it is not crazy hot as in the summer.
Thanks to everyone for your input. That is what this great for each other helping out. I was wondering if the price was worth spending almost $250.00 more on Princess than Carnival for the almost same itinerary.

Caribbean Discounts & Deals
Old 04-18-2007, 06:07 PM
rusty/matt,
I know my friend penny3333 is going to think I've taken leave of my senses, as I am a confirmed Princess Cruiser, but I will have to agree with TravlPro here; if you have all been happy with Carnival, why rock the boat (sorry, bad pun), especially if there is a $250.00 price difference--is that total or per person?

You can always try Princess later.

Rick
Old 04-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Banned

Cruise with Princess when the kids are in college. Put the $250.00 back in your pocket or use it on a great excursion. Your teens already love Carnival. It's the Fun Ship!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:45 AM

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples as far as the cabin assignment goes. Caribbean Princess has some great balcony deals that are usually the same price as Carnival. If its $250 per person cheaper for the same type cabin, stick with Carnival for this trip. Either way, whichever ship you choose, it is perfectly normal to find yourself wishing you were on the other one when you see it in port!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carnvial, compared, cruise, cruises, introverts, prince, princess, reviews, teen, teenager, teenagers, teens