Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2006, 05:32 PM

Would like any info on a man missing from the Inspiration cruise from 5-18-06 through 5-22-06. The ship security staff informed us in Cozumel that a man was missing as a possible suicide, but since we returned to port in Tampa we have heard nothing about this incident.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:32 PM

Would like any info on a man missing from the Inspiration cruise from 5-18-06 through 5-22-06. The ship security staff informed us in Cozumel that a man was missing as a possible suicide, but since we returned to port in Tampa we have heard nothing about this incident.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:26 AM

[...]

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/16/man...ard/index.html

Edit: MrOctober, please do not post copyrighted articles. Placing links to them is fine. I have replaced the article in your posting with a link to it. RF
Old 05-24-2006, 07:11 AM

CHECK CRUISE BRUISE FOR ANY INFORMATION ABOUT MISSING PEOPLE, THIS IS VERY SAD AGAIN
Old 05-24-2006, 05:04 PM

This is not a young guy who had been drinking and all, that was a few weeks before...this was an older man, and there was a note...and reportedly his wife was still on board as we sailed back. Funny, other passengers had met the man, but nobody knows anything much about this. We figured there would be news reports on it...so just looking for closure.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:16 PM

Hello there. I too was on that cruise to cozumel. I was trying to search for some info as well but have come up with nothing. My friends and I met someone on the cruise that told us that they talked to a neighbor of the missing man before it all happened and he apparently said that he and his wife would take cruises together all the time, but she had recently passed away and he was very depressed. I don't know how reliable my source is...but that's what I had heard. It made me nauseous when the Cruise Director made the announcement, and I literally had tears in my eyes. I hope that we're all able to find out what happened.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:05 PM
There was a news blurb about in on my Comcast homepage either Saturday or yesterday morning. Didn't have much information - I just remember reading it.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:42 AM

The man that jumped overboard was my step-grandfather. He, we regret, had every intention of doing so and it was not an accident. My grandmother and he had been married for over 20 years before separating very recently. He had a very painful disease that ate away at his stomach lining, and that medical professionals did not have a whole lot of information about, therefore treatment was almost non-existant aside from heavily restricting his diet and activities. Unfortunately it became too much to bear for him. He did send my grandmother and his children registered mail letters trying to explain what little he could about his decision. He was on the cruise alone, and aside from the disease, was not depressed about losing a loved one or anything else. We are still having a hard time understanding why he thought this to be the only way out, but we will remember him for all of the good things. We are keeping my grandmother and the family in our prayers and we hope that Frank is doing much better and is pain free wherever he may be now. Thank you for your concern.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:54 AM
Sorry for your loss Our prayers are with your family Fran in NJ
Old 05-31-2006, 12:22 PM

VERY SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBER OUR PRAYS AND THOUGHTS WILL BE WITH YOU AT THIS TIME .

JEROME AND SHARON FROM MINNESOTA

Closed Thread

Tags
2006, accident, carnival, cruise, im, inspiration, june, man, missing, passenger, passengers, people, reviews, ship, suicide