Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 03:43 PM

So Cruise Fanatic, do you want to compare or dont you want to??? First you said give me the details, well, the details are on the table...Now you contradict yourself saying.."it isn't accurate to compare something priced today, to something that was booked or priced days or weeks ago...well, can you make up your mind??? I guess the bottom line is...YES, you can actually get better prices by shopping around and using a TA, than booking directly with the cruise line. I can give faith of that, but according to you, is not even worth giving you the details since "it wont be accurate". UFFF, OK, I give up. Doris*

*(Saved almost $200.00 by using a TA)
Old 03-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Umm, dorispatricia.....Cruise Fanatic is a travel agent who knows more about this than you or I do - trust me. I am not sure why you took CF's note the way you did, but all that was being said is that cruise prices today - 3/23/07 - may not be the same as cruise prices on 2/17/07 or 4/17/07 - for the same category cabin.

Cruise fares are much like air fares - they change...sometimes more than once during a 24 hour period.

UFFF....???
Old 03-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned

Now this is an annoyance that should go away...it kind of turned into a pi**ing contest. Geez Louise, Martha (DorisPatricia), give it up; you're like a pitbull on a 3 year old.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:03 PM

Hey Joan,
The best I could get for that sailing as of today is:

$529 plus $69.83 fees.
Upgrade 4B to 4E.

This is past guest rate and upgrade. The rates do change as Dave said. It has been an interesting discussion

Best to you,
IslandCruz
Old 03-23-2007, 09:41 PM

IslandCruz,

I can imagine that the prices do change the closer you get to sailing. I booked this cruise 3 months ago, and we are paying $498.00 per person. So, that would calculate to a $200.00 savings over Carnivals rates. Well, I guess I cannot say over Carnivals rates, since I am not sure who you found this lowest rate of $599.00 pp with.
In any case, I again was just trying to post a reply to another member to shop around for the best deals....because it appears to not always be the case that Carnival's prices cannot be beat. That was my main point in this whole discussion.
Happy sailing to you all wherever you may be going!!
Joan
Old 03-23-2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dorispatricia:
So Cruise Fanatic, do you want to compare or dont you want to??? First you said give me the details, well, the details are on the table...Now you contradict yourself saying.."it isn't accurate to compare something priced today, to something that was booked or priced days or weeks ago...well, can you make up your mind??? I guess the bottom line is...YES, you can actually get better prices by shopping around and using a TA, than booking directly with the cruise line. I can give faith of that, but according to you, is not even worth giving you the details since "it wont be accurate". UFFF, OK, I give up. Doris*

*(Saved almost $200.00 by using a TA)

Excuse me, but I think You better go back and read this thread from the beginning. Where did I say give us the details????
Old 03-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Banned

You win, CF! Let's let this one quietly go away!
Old 03-24-2007, 03:16 AM

Jan is always going to win because she know's her business.

Joan, I got the rate directly with Carnival.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carnivals, checker, cruise, deal, good, guest, lowers, past, price, princess, rate, rates, site, upgrades