Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 08:29 AM
I am leaving for my 2nd cruise in 32 days when should I get my documents I don't remember from last time I am ready to do the doc dance.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-31-2008, 01:44 PM

Spiritfilled-

It depends if you elected to get the paper documents or electronic ones. If you didn't specify the paper documents, then you will be getting them electronically (email).

Did you go and fill out your funpass info on the Carnival Website. New since your last cruise is that they want all your passport information in advance. If you have not done that yet, do it as soon as you can. You also can give them your credit card information for your sign and sail account. This will speed things up at the cruise terminal greatly.

Have fun!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-01-2008, 02:59 AM

Hi Spiritfilled,

As Jim also noted, if you filled out the Online E-Documents section on Carnival.com, or you didn't ask for mailed documents, you will only get the E-Docs.

They should be available for download and printing. Here is a direct link.

If you didn't fill it out, and told whoever you booked with you wanted the mailed Docs, they start mailing them 35 days prior to sailing, So give it a while longer. I usually get mine 3-4 weeks prior.

I would call whoever you booked with and ask. Carnival has updated their system for Document Tracking. They should be able to answer this for you.

And as Jim also noted, Be Sure To Fill Out The FUNPASS !

This process has nothing to do with the Cruise Documents, and is now a Homeland Security requirement to be done ahead of time.

Best regards,

Dwayne
Old 04-01-2008, 04:13 AM
I have completed the fun pass and printed it out. I didn't request E-docs at least not that I remember, I will contact my TA in the next couple of days and see what she says. Thanks guys.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:18 AM

You are most always welcome.

Now that I know you booked with a TA, I can be a little more specific. The mailed Docs will go to the TA first and then be re-mailed to you. So it will take longer depending on the mail.

Please post back about what your TA says.

Dwayne
Old 04-17-2008, 09:59 AM
I got E-docs and those paper Luggage tags OMG I hope they don't come off my luggage I did have them laminated just in case. I don't remember selecting E-docs but my TA said I did and it is to late to switch now that all the docs have been mailed out ......bummer.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:09 AM

Hi Spiritfilled,

I was a die-hard fan of the hard copy documents and so much looked forward to them coming in the mail. However, the last cruise I booked was too close to the sail date so I had to print them myself.

Now I think I much prefer the online docs. First, I didn't have to wait. I was able to the document dance immediately (!) and the stuff inside the hard copy documents is just a big waste of cardstock. The luggage tags are no better quality than the ones you print -- they will fall off just as easy. We had a bag sitting around the ship for a day until we finally found it in a hallway, of course, without a tag.

Many have suggested and I did the next cruise, make print a piece of paper with your name and Cabin number and put it in one of the outside compartments of your luggage. Also, I have some permanent Carnival luggage tags I just slip in a new ID each cruise.

The online documents made things even faster last cruise because I had already registered our credit card and didn't have to do it at the terminal. Everything was done 'cept getting the Sail and Sign cards.

Happy cruising!
Mary

Old 04-18-2008, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiritfilled:
I got E-docs and those paper Luggage tags OMG I hope they don't come off my luggage I did have them laminated just in case. I don't remember selecting E-docs but my TA said I did and it is to late to switch now that all the docs have been mailed out ......bummer.
Hi Spiritfilled, yes the cut off for the mailed Docs is 22 days prior to sailing. You actually have to request the mailed Docs now from most Travel Agents. Well at least you got it straightened out. Two weeks to go!

Dwayne

Closed Thread