Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 05:55 PM

The theme from Camelot started in my head and I can't seem to stop it...(and I am not such a big fan either) so the Mexican Riviera, you wouldn't do in Summer? How about winter or fall?

Seriously, I am surprised you (f-mattox) have cruised the Caribbean only once. But I understand you live pretty dang far from the Carib and you just have to step off your back yard and onto a Princess ship.

I am waiting for the cruise lines to do the Great Lakes then I will only need to drive three hours. Oh great, now Gordon Lightfoot took its place.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Nothing against the Caribbean--I just always seem to be going someplace else. And of course anything starting or ending in, or round trip from L.A., I'm in!
The Mexican Riviera is out from May to September; there's more than one reason most of the ships head to Alaska in the summer.

Lerner and Loewe would have never done it, but in line with Broadway's recent bizarre trend of turning tragedies into musicals, I wouldn't be surprised to see:

"The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald--The Musical"
Old 03-07-2007, 01:57 AM

Hi Terri,
We've booked a 6B cabin but I didn't know anything about a guarantee with it being my first cruise. We are booked in 2312 on the Main Deck. I would loved to think we could be upgraded but I expect as we didn't book a guarantee we won't get one.
Oh well thats the way it goes you live and learn.
Cheers
Peter
Old 03-07-2007, 02:43 AM
Hello Peter, f-mattox here, not Terri;
I was just reading your post and thought I'd mention, if you have a cabin number, that's your cabin; but it dosen't mean you couldn't get an upgrade if for some reason they need your cabin--it's just not as likely.
People book guarantee in the hope of getting an upgrade, but at least they know the minimum accomodation they will have.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:03 AM

To the original question concerning "Spirit".

Yes is an upgrade on that ship. 5A has a King Bed and French Doors. The doors do not open to a balcony though.

If you are a couple, is a great Upgrade!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Banned

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/134...70127580KmeWOQ

Here is a picture of cabin 4194 that we had on the Pride. We did not take this picture. I found it on CC while searching about specific cabin number.

The doors to open...but there is no balcony. Some obstruction is more severe that this. We could actually see between the 2 lifeboats.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:08 PM

Hi f-mattox,
Here is a reply from my TA.
Quote.
-------------------------------------------
"When you book a cabin you get a cabin. Guarantee bookings are when no further cabins are available and the company then takes the booking at Ships Option. This does mean that they will get a cabin for the grade they paid or in some cases may get an upgrade to a higher deck in a similar cabin. If you are lucky you may get a balcony. This is not guaranteed at all. It all depends on loadings on the ship at the time.
If you are booking early and getting the discounted fares at that time cabins are allotted. There is always the likelihood of you getting upgraded as well, so it does not just happen to the people on Ships Option." End of quote
-----------------------------------------------
The only query I have with the above statement is regarding "Guarantee bookings are when no further cabins are available and the company then takes the booking at Ships Option." If this is correct how come people booking early still get allotted a Guaranteed booking.
Thanks
Peter
Old 03-07-2007, 12:14 PM

Wow LHP, if our cabin is like that I will be very very happy. I know there is no balcony, but doors that can open and let in a sea breeze sound very good.
Ellie
Old 03-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Peter, I'm hoping some of our resident travel agents can help here, but the way I understand it, some catagories sell out early but the cruise line can, at their discretion, sell you a cabin in that catagory in anticipation of some cancellations; if no cabin becomes available they will give you a cabin in a higher catagory--this is where the hope of an upgrade comes in. Even if you book a specific cabin the cruise line, per the passenger contract, can assign you another cabin of an equal or higher catagory.
Hope this helps a little.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:00 PM

Hi f-mattox,
Yes, that does go a long way to explain it but how come with many months to go and as far as I know the ship had not been booked out people have got guaranteed cabins. Do you pay more for a guarantee.
I hope these do not seem to be stupid comments I just want to get my head round it for future reference.
Thanks
Peter

Closed Thread

Tags
booked, cabin, carnival, chances, cruise, garantee, garnetee, guarantee, gurantee, inside, low, room, rooms, time, upgrade, upgraded