Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: For all the men out there, what do you wear on formal night?
Tuxedo 4 23.53%
Suit 10 58.82%
Slacks, Shirt and Tie 3 17.65%
Military Dress Uniform 0 0%
I skip formal night because I don't like to dress up!! 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2007, 08:54 AM

I read somewhere that they won't let you into the dining room if you're not dressed appropriately...guess that's not the case?

Last cruise, my DH wore his suit, but it doesn't fit him now and we're not buying a new suit just for this! LOL So he's wearing khakis and shirt/tie.

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 4/2007
Carnival Conquest 2/2004

Old 04-10-2007, 09:25 AM

We just got back yesterday from cruising on the Holiday. I was afraid we would be over dressed because I had a floor length dress and my husband had a suit with a tie that matched my dress. We blended right in. I saw more Tuxes than I expected to see sailing out of Mobile, Alabama and if they guys were not in a Tux they were in a dark suit. I did not see anyone in the dining room that was not dressed appropriatley so I am assuming guys were not allowed in if they did not have on a Jacket and a Tie. One more thing to add, renting a Tux from the Boat is not a bad idea. It is one less thing you have to bring on board and we had to send a few things out to be pressed because they got wrinkled in the lugage process.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:50 PM

Always wear Tux and so do my kids when they go. And wife always wear gown! Most people do...and you look like a million bucks...everyone else stares and can't understand why they didn't get one! And they swear they will next time! Dress up and have fun!!

Closed Thread

Tags
bahama, caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruises, formal, imagination, men, night, royal, shirt, suit, suits, tommy, tuxedo, tuxs, wear