Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2006, 01:03 PM
I am going on a cruise aboard the Carnival Glory on the 12th of November later this year. It will be the Eastern Caribbean cruise intinerary that the Glory offers. It will be a 7 day cruise; roundtrip out of Port Canaveral. The ports of call will be: Nassau, St.Thomas, and St. Martin/Maarten.

With all that in mind. I would appreciate any advice any can give me. Whether you ever sailed on the Glory. Whether you have ever been to those three ports of call. Or whether you have ever sailed out of and returned to Port Canaveral. Any advice or learning expieriences you had with any or all of those places (or ship), would be deeply appriciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:30 PM

I've been on Glory, sailed out of Canaveral and have gone to those ports of call. I'll answer any questions that I can.

Josh

Carnival Glory - May 2009
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Glory - April 2005

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-17-2006, 04:17 PM
jrowell24:

Thank you for your reply.

Ok, let me ask you some of the questions that are on my mind.

- People say that St. Thomas and St. Martin/Maarten are the best places for shopping. Which one do you think is better?
Maybe I want to purchase a bottle of rum or two. Maybe I want to purchase electronic items if they are cheap enough: such as: an IPOD/MP3 player and it's accessories, wrist watch, digital camera.

- Do you think it would help to learn how to speak a little Dutch or French before I get to St. Martin?

- On a previous cruise (R.C.'s Sovereign/Seas), I went to Nassau. I really didn't care too much for it. Except I really wanted to go to that Atlantis Resort I could see across the channel from the cruise ship dock, but I did not have the time. Maybe on this cruise I will. Did you go there? Do you know the easiest way there? They had a water taxi docked near the ship. They also had regular car taxis available too.

- The ship will dock in Phillipsburg on the south end (Dutch side) of the island. I hear good things about Orient Beach on the north end (French side), so I want to go there. Do you know the easiest way to get there? Taxi? Water Taxi? Can you trust the cab drivers there?

Once again, thank you for your reply, and thanks in advance for any future replies.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:36 PM
- By the way, I forgot to ask:

Any reccomendations on shore excursions for St. Thomas or St. Martin/Maarten?

Closed Thread

Tags
eastcarrib, eastcarribb