Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2005, 10:38 PM

We are a California couple age 36 going on our 5th cruise (1st time to Hawaii). Anybody out there going on this trip also? Anybody that has already been on this trip have any advice or must see's? We are staying in Vancouver for two days before, any tips as to what shouldn't be missed? Same thing for Honolulu?
Old 07-10-2005, 09:14 AM

Hello Jim and Kim

have been on Hawaii on four of the islands.
Not with a cruise, made a flight/bus tour.
Have done from Honolulu a streched-limo tour over the hole island, only together with 6 other people. It was great, not so crowded.

On Kauai make a helicopter tour, something you`ll never forget, seeing the Napali-Coast and the Waimea Canyon with all the waterfalls, absolutely wonderful.

On Maui take a tour in a small bus around the island including Hana Highway, not possible in bigger busses for these kind of streets, but wonderful nature.

On Big Island you might not have the time to go to the Mauna Kea, but maybe to the volcano National Park.

I hope, I dont mix up the names and places, because its 6 years ago. But we enjoyed everything.

So I hope you do too.

Best regards from Germany

Marita

Old 07-10-2005, 05:42 PM

In Vancouver, don't miss a hike around Stanly Park and shopping on Robson Street. Vancouver is a wonderful city with great restaurants and shopping. Also check out Vancouver's Gas Town district for some unique boutiques and shops.

There is enough to do in Honolulu to keep you busy for a month. Of course the beach is excellent (as are the water sports) It just depends on what you like to do.

Check out http://www.AlaskaPortReviews.com for more info on Vancouver and also http://www.HawaiiPortReviews.com for more info on Hawaii.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 07-12-2005, 01:35 PM

I grew up in Vancouver and now live on Vancouver Island, a short ferry ride away. Do you have a hotel booked yet. If so, where? Depending on your interests, there are multitudinous things to see and do. It is indeed a fabulous city and two days will just give you a taste. A really good one!
July '06 Tahitian Princess Honolulu to Papeete
Old 07-17-2005, 06:51 AM

Hi Jim&Kim;

We will be doing the reverse cruise in April on the Carnival Spirit. We will fly to Honlulu and eventually end up in Vancouver. I too am interesting in tips from folks who have been to these places. Enjoy your cruise!

Muriel

Quote:
Originally posted by jim&kim:
We are a California couple age 36 going on our 5th cruise (1st time to Hawaii). Anybody out there going on this trip also? Anybody that has already been on this trip have any advice or must see's? We are staying in Vancouver for two days before, any tips as to what shouldn't be missed? Same thing for Honolulu?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:05 PM

Hi there, I initially booked on this trip but couldn't get the cabin I wanted, so I booked on the return cruise to Ensenada on Oct.3. I have been hoping I could find someone with some experience on this cruise!! I have been on 4 previous cruises with Carnival, but none this long or on this ship. Have you learned of anyone who has some advice for us??

Closed Thread

Tags
conservancy, cruise, hawaii, hawawi, la, mybb, nature, powered, rci, reviews, sept, sept21oct3, vancouver, vancover, wear