Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
Dwayne, the fist pic with the big "Peace Boat" logo and description made me wonder if the ship only turns left now?

Cheers, Neil
Humms. I didn't even think about it.

Dwayne
Old 04-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I've asked people with such requests why they'd like to be higher up and the vast majority of the time there is either a long silence or "I don't know, I just thought those were better cabins" is the reply.
Hence the somewhat misguided devotion some have to getting an upgrade, even though it is virtually always just to the same type of cabin on a higher deck.

We typically are on a higher deck because that is where the balconies and suites are, although even on those times we were in standard cabins I wanted a higher deck. This is purely because I like to be close to the pool deck and don't like elevators. The highest "cheap" cabin we ever had was an inside on the Sun Princess. It was immediately behind the bridge area. When we opened our door we were staring at the crew entrance. Cabin R305.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:56 AM

I'm on the Riviera deck on my upcoming cruise. We're usually on the Caribe, but once on the Aloha-which was great. I can't remember on my Carnival cruises, but I think they were usually on lower decks. I sailed on the Mardi Gras, Carnivale, and Jubilee. I used to think they were huge.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:50 PM
That is a nice looking ship. In a way, it looks like they combined the Spirit with the Splendor.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:57 PM

Wow!! They could retire the Holiday to be a lifeboat on the Dream.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:50 PM

I noticed the funnel design is different too. The first cabin deck under the Lido is my preference, and mid to mid-aft. I am always needing to go to the cabin for something I forgot or need. The cabin I had last year on the Legend was perfect, I could walk a few feet and down from Lido and be at my cabin.

Dwayne
Old 05-04-2008, 09:12 AM

This is Awesome! I live in South Carolina and this is an easy port to drive to. I am thrilled to have a new ship to sail besides the Glory. (Even though the Glory is a Fabulous ship)

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, canaveral, canavral, carnival, cruise, date, day, dream, elevators, hull, lifeboats, photos, port, press, release, reviews, ship