Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 06:48 AM

Well, would you rather dine on chocolate melting cake on Carnival or would you rather climb a rock wall on RCCL? Keep in mind the Sensation is only slightly smaller than the Sovereign but has a guest occupancy of 800 passengers less. More elbow room and less competition at the buffets can be a good thing.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:57 AM

I just did Soverign last year and have done the sensation as well as 9 other carnival ships. Yes the 3 night wont give you as much as the 4. The rooms are bigger on carnival. The shows are about the same. Even though the windjammer is closed on Sovernign on coco cay day. The grill is still opened and so is room service. I didn't get off the boat in Nassau because I had just been and I enjoyed a relaxing day at the pool. Also they have great deals in the spa on this day as well. I do like enjoying the beach in the bahamas so soverign is good for coco cay. It is free and you can come and go as you please. One thing I notice is on the Sensation they have several different lounges with a top 40 band in one and another band in another, piano sing along bar and a karaoke bar. On the Soverign I was disappointed because they had a lounge with a band that only played salsa music. They had a sing along piano bar as well. No karaoke lounge or top 40. They both have the disco and of course the big lounge for shows. I enjoy a variety of music. I would decide according to if I want a full day of activites at sea or a chance to spend time on the beach for my extra day. I don't think you will be disappointed with either choice. Have a great trip, Cathy from Georgia
Old 02-05-2008, 10:10 AM

I'm glad all you guys don't eat the lobster...leave more for us. They also didn't offer escargot, which we also love. Anxious to try Celebrity's fare!

Closed Thread

Tags
bahama, bahamas, caribbean, carnival, carribbean, carribean, cruise, day, kids, night, norwegian, review, reviews, royal, shirt