Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 09:00 AM

My son and I just returned from the Imagination 4-day cruise visiting Key West and Calica. Happy to answer any questions.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:44 AM

welcome back! i am going on the fascination with the same ports of call. what did you do in calica??? was 4 days to short?? how long were you in key west??? did you hear anything about cave snorkeling in calica?? was the a formal night??? was there a midnight buffet???
thanx for the info!!!
fascination-5/07
miracle-10/07
Old 04-09-2007, 10:50 AM

Hello, Well, you are not in Key West very long. We left around 2:00pm after an arrival of 7:00am. But I think you are there long enough with plenty to do in the time there. Key West in a small concentrated area, so you shop, check things out, and get back on the ship.

Honestly, we didn't do much in Calica, but I did hear raves about the cave snorkeling. I would book it based on what people were saying. Since I have tubed in caves in Belize, sounds awesome. Since I waited until the last minute, everything was sold out. I mean everything, so book early and only with CCL. My opinion. The Caves, all snorkeling, and dolphins encounter go quick. My son is a little fussy about adventure, so I had to wait as see what was available. That worked out well for me...LOL!!

4-days is a little short, but I think perfect for a quick get-away. There is a formal night and a midnight buffet all on the second night. Quite a spread too. Since these ships are older, I found myself missing the Supper Club and a balcony, but made do with oceanview.

I hope I was able to help and answer any questions you may have had. Food for thought, make sure to bring those rubber-soled water shoes if you decide to cave-snorkel. Take care!!

Billy
Old 04-09-2007, 11:01 AM

thanx billy
i went and bought those shoes right after we did the baths excursion in virgin gorda. i go nowhere without them now. they truly are a must have! i really appreciate your comments. i cant wait!! lil less than 4 weeks. i think i am going to do the cave snorkeling.
fascination-5/07
miracle-10/07
Old 04-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Administrator

I've never understood why Carnival thinks 7am to 2pm is a worthwhile time for visiting Key West.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:36 AM

Yea, in reality it is really an 8:00 to 12:00 time slot after all is said and done.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:44 AM

'cruiseocd' it was my pleasure. Glad to help. I think you will enjoy the snorkeling in the caves. People raved about it. Another food for thought.....make sure that you get off the ship as early as you can in Calica to ensure you/family a seat on the bus. It got pretty crowded for a while with everyone getting off the ship at the same time. Have a great time 'ocd' and feel free to let me know if I can assist any further.

Billy

Dave, I couldn't agree with you more. That is the dumbest time frame for a port call. Many folks commented on the time (or lack there of) in Key West. I hope (yea, right) that CCL will address this. Nice to hear from ya, hope all is well with you and your family. Take care,

Billy
Old 04-12-2007, 05:48 AM

Welcome back Billy, sounds like you had a good time albeit short. Ready to book another one?

Closed Thread

Tags
calica, cave, caves, snorkel