Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2006, 09:14 AM

I cruise every october for my birthday and enjoy singing Karaoke. each year I get picked to be in the Legend's show on the last Day at sea. do you enjoy the Karaoke when onboard?
Here's a link to me Singing on the Fantasy last October.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWgzJ8IjtAM

This year will be the Sensation on Oct 15th.

is there Karaoke on the sensation ?
Old 07-04-2006, 10:06 AM

hope you have fun my wife and i enjoyed vidio we are going on the elation on oct 15th can't sing a tune but enjoy other people doing it
Old 07-04-2006, 12:03 PM

My wife and I always enjoy the karaoke on the ship, we just wish they would allow more time for it. If I remember correctly, there was only about a 1.5 hour time set aside for this and many who wanted to sing did not get a chance. I am thinking a whole night in one of the lounges would be more like it.

RC Viking Serenade 1994
CCL Elation 2000
CCL Ecstasy 2001
CCL Elation 2003
CCL Spirit 2004
CCL Glory 2006

Spirit to Hawaii 4/2007 booked
Old 07-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Banned

Yes indeed. I have sung on some 12 different Carnival ships and one of the best times I had was on the Sensation. (Max was a great karaoke host!)

Fortunately, it runs about 3 hours a night now. I can remember when we were lucky to get 1 1/2 hours every other night. Now every ship has a dedicated karaoke host (paid the same as a social host) that does karaoke every night.

Several years ago, I wrote "Uncle Bob" and suggested that Carnival could save money by converting one of the "lounges" from a 3 member (sometimes duo) band (that no one listened to) to a karaoke session (that everyone loved).
So instead of paying a professional band, they pay a karaoke host.

Another tip: You can bring your own cdgs. The karaoke hosts have always been very careful with mine.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:01 AM

Thanks for the replies

Keep Singing..

The more you Drink the better I sound
Old 07-05-2006, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrOctober:
I cruise every october for my birthday and enjoy singing Karaoke. each year I get picked to be in the Legend's show on the last Day at sea. do you enjoy the Karaoke when onboard?
Here's a link to me Singing on the Fantasy last October.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWgzJ8IjtAM

This year will be the Sensation on Oct 15th.

is there Karaoke on the sensation ?
Sing On, Mr. O!!! Video and your singing was great. That's what cruzin' is all about to me---everybody having fun!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
That's what cruzin' is all about to me---everybody having fun!
AMEN
Old 07-07-2006, 12:33 AM

I don't sing, but love the Karoake. It is so much fun and entertaining. A mix of young and old, and am always impressed with the talent and even those without, it is fun watching them have fun. There is something about a vacation and especially a cruise vacation that people will just let loose and have fun. Even the not great singers get applauded for their guts and sense of fun. I always check the "Capers" for the time and place.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Banned

I tell everyone it is all in fun. I mean, if we were Whitney Houston...we wouldn't be there. But we are just average folks. I know what you mean about even the folks who can't sing. They can really put on more of a show sometimes than those of us who can sing!!
Old 07-09-2006, 07:20 AM

Yes, it all makes for fun. And there is some great un-discovered talent. I am very impressed with your list of Ships you have been on. I really would have liked to have sailed on the MardiGras and Festivale.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, cruises, hard, host, karaoke, kareoke, lime, line, lines, list, pay, reviews, salary, sensation