Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2004, 05:14 PM

hello,new to the board.
my question is iam planning to stay on the queen mary hotel the day before my boarding for my mexican cruise on carnival.

is the carnival terminal within walking distance from the queen mary hotel? if not,anyone know of a shuttle service or will i have to use a cab?

any help or responses greatly appreciated. thanks!!!
Old 10-09-2004, 05:14 PM

hello,new to the board.
my question is iam planning to stay on the queen mary hotel the day before my boarding for my mexican cruise on carnival.

is the carnival terminal within walking distance from the queen mary hotel? if not,anyone know of a shuttle service or will i have to use a cab?

any help or responses greatly appreciated. thanks!!!
Old 10-14-2004, 08:05 AM

john, I think a shuttle is available from the QM hotel. when are you going on the mexican cruise. I just got back from the caribbean. but am looking into the mexican for next spring.. let us know how your trip went. good luck and have fun
Old 10-19-2004, 09:00 PM

Hi John. I went out of San Pedro (LA) on Royal Carribean, for 4 day Baja. I saw the Carnival ship off in a distance. I am not sure exactly where it was docked. But, I do know about the Queen Mary, I grew up in Long Beach area. I have been there many times, for tours and to hang out at the great piano bar there. It is a old, beautiful lady. Be sure to take a tour of the ship, it is worth it. It gives you history of the ship, when it did WWII transporting for the military. I have never seen the staterooms in person, only on a brochure. Keep in mind, they say it is haunted!!! Also, the Long Beach Aquarium is very close to there. The ferry for Catalina Island, is also next to the Queen Mary, in case you are interested. Well have fun, and enjoy your cruise. Bye, Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-21-2004, 10:06 AM

John; If you get to the pier before noon you will actually check in for your Carnival cruise aboard the Queen Mary, Then you can tour her for a special Carnival price. They will give you a slip of paper that will tell you your group number and what time to present your self to the pier for boarding. Then just walk next door and board your ship. If you arrive after noon you follow normal checkin procedures at the pier.
Ecstasy ~ 04/03
Norwegian Sky ~ 09/03
Splendour of the Seas ~ 04/04
Rhapsody of the Seas ~ 10/04

Countdown to the Carnival Conquest
Old 10-21-2004, 10:12 AM

Actually John I just noticed your post is entitled port of LA if you are on Carnival you will not be in LA but rather Long Beach.
Ecstasy ~ 04/03
Norwegian Sky ~ 09/03
Splendour of the Seas ~ 04/04
Rhapsody of the Seas ~ 10/04

Countdown to the Carnival Conquest

Closed Thread

Tags
boarding, carnival, cruise, la, port, procedure