Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 08:05 PM

Hello,
We just got back from Carnival Fantasy. We left out of New Orleans and had a cruise to Cozumel and Progreso Mexico. I appreciated all of the advice so much from this discussion board, so I will be happy to answer any questions any one has as best I can. We loved our cruise. The crew on the Fantasy are very friendly and consistently nice! Service was great. The food was very good to excellent in the formal dining room. We had a blast trying all of the delicious items! I know you do not have to go to the formal dining room to eat, but we thought it was worth it! This ship is smaller than some of the newer ships, but we didn't mind. It is clean and well organized. The shows were so-so. The cruise director, Big Tex, was really funny! Our room was small, but comfy. The pool area seems a little dated, but the activities on the pool deck were fun. The reggae band was awesome. We had no problems with our sign and sail card - even got some money back at the end! Getting on and off of the ship was no problem at all! I know I said the pool looked dated, but in all fairness, the rest of the ship was pretty. There were people of all ages on the ship which was nice to see. We ate dinner with two very nice couples! I will post about our excursions in that discussion board - they were a blast! Thanks!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:46 PM
If I am not mistaken the Fantasy should be getting the Waterworks area in so that will update the pool area.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:54 AM

Thanks for the great review, and glad you had a wonderful cruise!

As vacationbound noted, later this year the Fantasy pool areas will under go a major transformation.

Dwayne
Old 01-24-2008, 05:55 AM
Banned

Glad you had a good time.

Did you see Big Tex do all his "dance moves"...they are a hoot.

As Vacationbound said...the Fantasy goes in Aug or Sept of this year for the complete refit of the new WaterWorks...so she should be all spanking brand new in a few months!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 10:37 PM

Wow....it sounds wonderful!!! I sail on the Fantasy on the 18th of February, and I am so excited being my first cruise. Thank you for the review of your trip, sounds like you had fun!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-26-2008, 02:28 PM

Fantasy was out first cruise and we had a blast!! As for eating in the dining room, why not eat there! You paid for OUTBACK...why settle for GOLDEN CORRAL? Plus, where else can you get chocolate melting cake! I think some of the older ships are still the best!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:44 PM

My brother just got off Fantasy as well, he was on the Jan 21st to today sailing. Just got off the phone with him and he said it was a great cruise as well. He said it was a a blast with great food, service and entertainment.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-26-2008, 05:17 PM

The Fantasy was my second cruise and it sealed the deal for me. This ship started the biggest expansion of leisure cruising in modern day history.

Dwayne
Old 01-28-2008, 03:28 PM

Hey - I didn't know that the pool area is going to be re-done! We will have to take another cruise and check it out! I really loved the Fantasy and also we enjoyed staying in New Orleans before and after. This was definitely a vacation worth repeating. Thanks for the info! I think I did forget to mention that New Orleans was clean, fun and safe! We loved the French Quarter and Garden District!
Old 02-02-2008, 02:43 PM

I;m planning a first time "family cruise".
for February 09 on the Fantasy. Any suggestions on anything?

Closed Thread

Tags
activity, carnival, carolina, college, cruise, dance, director, fantasy, moves, paper, photo, post, review, reviews, ship, south, trip