Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I am having a great time on the Triumph - We left Miami on Saturday. A nice day at the beach at Castaway Cay Bahamas, Then we were at St Thomas on Tuesday and San Juan earlier today. Tomarrow it is Grand Turk.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:19 PM

WOW I am I glad to hear you are having great time! Let me know how you like the boat, my first cruise is in the Triumph in Jan/08!!
Can't wait!

Old 05-10-2007, 03:39 AM
Banned

I second that, please let us know how you like the Ship, the food and the service!Also how you like Grand Turk, I have never been there.Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Tom
Old 05-10-2007, 05:28 AM

We did a wonderful snorkel trip in Grand Turk, hope you enjoy it there. Sure wish I was with y'all!
Old 05-10-2007, 08:40 AM

Leave some beer for me!!!

Daddy
Old 05-10-2007, 09:41 AM

Hey PC

Glad you are having a great cruise with good weather. Hope you give a review when you get back especially on your day today on Grand Turk
Old 05-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned

PC GUY
I know you are back now, so did you enjoy your cruise? I would like to hear from you as to how you liked the Triumph ? Let us know how it was! Tom
Old 05-14-2007, 01:12 PM

My husband and I are going on the triump on Aug.4th any information from you on this ship or shore excursions will be greatly appreciated. We will be going on the Western Carribean trip.

Thanks,
Debbie
Old 05-15-2007, 07:49 AM
OK here is my review:

Day 1 – we had a direct flight from Toronto to Miami on American Airlines.
We got to the cruise terminal, and because we had a baby in a stroller we were able to
take the priority line and were at the check in counter in less than 10 minutes.

We got aboard and went to our room – a Cat 6E on Spa Deck. We had the mandatory lifeboat drill at 4:00 and after that we set sail.

Day 2 – Half moon Cay Bahamas – this is a private Island that Holland America purchased several years ago. You have to tender in. It has a very nice beach, some small shops and a very large BBQ pavilion where lunch was served, we went to the beach, I did some snorkeling and then we had lunch. After lunch we returned to the dock and took the tender back to the ship.

Day 3 – Fun Day at Sea and Formal night.

Day 4 – St Thomas USVI, we had to clear US customs on arrival. I have been to this Island before so I knew what to expect. We took a self directed tour of the Island for 25.00 / person (Myself, my wife, and my mother – the baby was free). After the tour the taxi driver dropped us off downtown. We did some shopping and walked back to the ship. My mother went back to the ship with the baby and my wife and I went to Coki Beach to do some snorkeling.

Day 5 – San Juan – This was a very nice stop. We got to do some shopping and walked around the old city. We had our past guest reception that evening. My wife didn’t want to dance so I took my 8 month old daughter on stage and ¼ of the crowd applauded.

Day 6 – Grand Turk – This stop was a bit of a disappointment. It was a nice pier with a beach very close to the ship (just outside security), but aside from the shops at the pier this isn’t very much on the Island. The “Capital City” is actually and abandoned American Military Base that has been converted into government offices. We took a taxi downtown, but there wasn’t much to see. We returned to the pier. I did some duty free shopping at the pier. This was our second formal night.

Day 7 – Fun Day at sea. We sailed through a line of thunderstorms in the morning. We all woke up to sunny skies at 9:00 am. It was a great day.

Day 8 – return to Miami. Debarkation was much simpler than other cruises I have been on. My mother needed a wheel chair as she can’t stand in lines for very long. We waited on Promenade deck at 9:30 when the people showed up with the wheel chairs. This made debarkation a lot easier – again we were able to jump the line, we got a porter to pick up our bags and we went through customs and were delivered straight to the bus to the airport. Then it was short bus ride to the airport and a direct flight home.

I have now sailed the Triumph and the Victory - they are both identical sister ships, the only difference is in the decorations. I have enjoyed both cruises!
Old 05-15-2007, 10:07 AM

Our family will be on the Triumph July 28, first cruise. I would love to hear about your experience.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribean, carnival, cruise, day, deck, grand, key, reviews, room, spa, triumph, tryumpth, turk, west, western