Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 04:14 PM

TO those who have been on Legend,,, my wife wants to go to at least 2 beach's as our excursions while on our trip in Feb, any suggestions on which Islands would be best for beaches, any other suggestions for other island excursions would be a help
we are going to Cozumel, Mexico ; Belize ; Isla Roatan ; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ;
Thanks

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-11-2008, 04:14 PM

TO those who have been on Legend,,, my wife wants to go to at least 2 beach's as our excursions while on our trip in Feb, any suggestions on which Islands would be best for beaches, any other suggestions for other island excursions would be a help
we are going to Cozumel, Mexico ; Belize ; Isla Roatan ; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ;
Thanks

<edit to change title of thread>

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-11-2008, 07:29 PM

you will love the legend. and the ports you are going to a absolutely beautiful.
this is just some ideas.
I always recommend chanacanob park in Cozumel. I love it there.
At Roatan, Tabayana beach. you can do an excursion there i think it is like 38 dollars each but all you get is a ride to the beach for the money. Take a taxi see the island and then head to the beach. thats what we did. it was 50 dollars for the whole day.
At Belize dont do anything on your own, not safe, we just went to the market there in the fenced in area and then headed back to the ship. But i understand that Bannister Island excursion in Belize is beautiful...but I have not personally tried that.
At grand caymans, 7 mile beach is the place to go. it was 4 dollars each way when we were there in Sept.
Where ever you decide to go you will absolutely enjoy it.
Also try the specialty supper club on the Legend, it was 30 dollars and worth the money...
Old 12-12-2008, 05:57 AM

If you don't go to beaches, it would be sad. The beaches in the islands you are going to are wonderful. For Belize if you like to snorkel, there are some great snorkeling excursions there. We did a fantastic snorkel in Roatan as well. 7 mile beach is my favorite in Grand Cayman, and have read some great reviews about Rum Point as well (haven't been there, just 7 mile). Chankanaab Park in Cozumel is great, so is Paradise Beach, and the one we went to in July-Cozumel Club Caribe (Dave, correct me if I've got the wrong name). It won't be long now!
Old 12-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Banned

We just did this cruise in May and loved it.

You have outstanding beach ports.

Chankaanab Park is an excellent recommendation for Cozumel. It does have an entrance fee of $16 per person and it does not have a "beach" in the typical sense. The majority of its beach is "raised"....without the waves lapping in. This is why they have the best beach snorkeling. However, if you do snorkel...I have read that it helps to be a fairly strong swimmer. Nothing dangerous...but it does require some effort.

If you want an all inclusive in Cozumel (and can drink/eat $49.00 a person) Nachi Cocom has had a lot of great reviews. I have never been there...but I read great things about it. It is all you can drink and one 3 course meal.

They have a pool with a swim up bar and comfy lounge chairs and usually few children.

The $49.00 does not include taxi fare which will be about $15.00 one way for a taxi of up to 4 people.

If you can't drink $49.00 worth and want more of a "beach atmosphere"....we always go to Paradise Beach.

It is a free beach resort which simply means they do not charge for the use of their lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas, clean restrooms and changing rooms...even internet at the bar. All they ask is that you eat/drink $10.00 per person while you are there.

And they have an optional (not required...strictly optional) wristband if you do want to kayak or snorkel etc for $10 per person for the day. The boys get the wristband...hubby and I do not. (We are shade people)

Grand Cayman...7 Mile Beach. Just make sure you tell the taxi driver to take you to the FREE BEACH section...or they will drop you off at a resort that charges to get in.

Roatan is definately a neat little place....but make sure the "unrest" is over and you will actually be docking there before counting on it as a stop. I have not read about it lately....
And it is always possible that Costa Maya will be taking Carnival ships again by then. That is also a good beach stop. Just drive the bus into "town" and hopefully the Cat's Meow is still there. Hurricane Dean did a number on this port.

Belize is not a beach port. Cave-tubing is the thing to do there. Just make sure you use an independent tour operator like cave-tubing.com

Yhony links his folks with a guide in the front and the back. So there are no accidents like o the Carnival excursion.

I have been using him for years and (while it is always possible to miss the ship) none of the groups have missed it yet.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:05 PM

I was on the Legend with this itinerary year before last, and again with a similar itinerary on the Glory this year. I really enjoyed it. On Cozumel I've been going to Paradise Beach the last few cruises, it is nice and I couldn't ask for more hospitality from Tom and his staff. Dave and several other Cruise-Chat staff members went to the resort that Penny mentioned, and I heard a lot of good things about it from them.

I haven't been to the beach on Roatan yet, we went to a dive resort for the day. Our friends went to Tabyana Beach and really liked it.

Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman is a must see! The water is crystal clear, you can walk out chest deep and still look down and see your toes.

The Legend is an awesome ship. Just the right size and layout. Great crew and excellent food.

LHP, not to be spreading rumors(), but I heard Carnival was going to build their own pier on Roatan. Who know's if it's true.

Dwayne
Old 12-13-2008, 06:55 AM
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
I was on the Legend with this itinerary year before last, and again with a similar itinerary on the Glory this year. I really enjoyed it. On Cozumel I've been going to Paradise Beach the last few cruises, it is nice and I couldn't ask for more hospitality from Tom and his staff. Dave and several other Cruise-Chat staff members went to the resort that Penny mentioned, and I heard a lot of good things about it from them.

I haven't been to the beach on Roatan yet, we went to a dive resort for the day. Our friends went to Tabyana Beach and really liked it.

Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman is a must see! The water is crystal clear, you can walk out chest deep and still look down and see your toes.

The Legend is an awesome ship. Just the right size and layout. Great crew and excellent food.

LHP, not to be spreading rumors(), but I heard Carnival was going to build their own pier on Roatan. Who know's if it's true.

Dwayne

I have heard some kind of talk like that but with this last incident of "revolt" (making it impossible to dock the ship there) ... I have to wonder if they are now rethinking that idea.

I mean there are plenty of ports that actually WANT the tourists there!!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:00 PM

Bem1962
We were recently on the Legend in July of this year doing the exact same cruise as you are. We found that the beaches in all of the ports with the exception of belize were excellent. When we were in Belize they had,had alot of rain and the water was very yucky even on the beaches - not the crystal clear as is in most of the ports. Besides the cave tubbing in Belize there is also the Airboat and City Tours excursion, all combined into one package - excellent bang for your $$$$. The airboat ride is well worth the trip - exhilitrating ride to say the least.

Overall Bem1962 you won't go wrong on anything you chose to do on this cruise.

Canuckcrusiers
Old 01-01-2009, 06:26 PM
We did this cruise for my husband's 60th BD the end of May. Wonderful ship and wonderful cruise. Most definitely do the Golden Fleece Supperclub for $30.00pp. Did this on my husbands BD and the food and service were supurb. You will not get a steak of this quality in the main diningroom. Left an additional $15.00 tip so for $75.00 we had a dinner we will remember. What a great way to spend my husbands milestone. The restaurant is beautiful.

In Grand Caymen do the 7 mile beach. It is great but I also recommend doing the Swim with the stingrays and snorkel tour. We did not book this through the ship though. You will get a much more personal tour if you book independantly. You could do this first thing in the morning and still have a couple hrs to spend at 7 mile beach.

In Cozumel we booked through Passion Island. This is a private island. We were literally the only guests for the first 2 hrs. We had the whole private island to ourselves. A little pricey but it does include transportation, all the beverages you want including alchohol and the Mexican Buffet. Check out their website. You can book it through Carnival and you will be taken by Speed Boat instead of taxi but will not have as much time on the island. Check out their website.

In Belize hands down I recommend the cavetubing. I cannot wait to return and do it again. Almost Spiritual. Again we booked independantly. Only 6 of us on our tour.

In Roatan we booked a private tour just my husband and I. We were taken to do some shopping, Visit the Iguana farm, Visit and hold the monkeys (my favorite part) with an Island tour along the way and then a beach break for about an hr.

The island stops on this cruise are not to be missed. I love the beaches but to do just beach breaks you will miss some great things. Anyone who has never been and just looks around and shops will be missing some great opportunites. You will have a blast!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:23 PM

Yes, you will love the Legend.. All what Macmon said is true.. we did go to Bannister Island... really special to be on that island, small island in the middle of the ocean... very nive. And for us, coming back from that island, the guide stopped and called the dolphins. We got a free show of dolphins all around us... Was great, this kids were very impress. Our only negative for the Legend, we got changed for our cabins who was just below a bar... the noise was terrible... but the rest A-1.. and yes, you have to go to the supper club!
Enjoy!!

Closed Thread

Tags
bannister, beach, belize, breal, carnival, cayman, closed, cozumel, cruise, dangerous, excursion, grand, isla, island, reviews, roatan