Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2005, 07:16 PM

Elation is now running 4 and 5 day cruises out of Galveston. CCL is selling 7 day cruises out of Miami beginning in April, and they do not list any of the 4 and 5 day cruises that are taking place between now and then. I assume that is because these are all make-ups for the pax that have been booted off the Esctacy, the Sensation and the regular Elation sailings.

Does anyone here know when she is actually repositioning to Miami, if she is going to be drydocked, and if so, when and where that is going to happen?

Thanks.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:16 PM

Elation is now running 4 and 5 day cruises out of Galveston. CCL is selling 7 day cruises out of Miami beginning in April, and they do not list any of the 4 and 5 day cruises that are taking place between now and then. I assume that is because these are all make-ups for the pax that have been booted off the Esctacy, the Sensation and the regular Elation sailings.

Does anyone here know when she is actually repositioning to Miami, if she is going to be drydocked, and if so, when and where that is going to happen?

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:39 AM

Carla,

the "Elation" will replace "Ecstasy" until the April 3rd, 2006 sailing. Her first seven-night cruise will depart Miami April 30th, so I guess she will be drydocked inbetween.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-03-2005, 07:37 PM

Raoul:
Not sure if you remember me, but I had Carnival cruise cancelled last month, two days before departure. After many phone calls, we finally got that one worked out and will be cruising in January.

However, we had a second cruise scheduled for September 3-10 out of Galveston on the Elation. We were originally told that the Elation's schedule was being adjusted through April, but would return to normal after that. I found out tonight, through a total stranger who was going to go on our cruise, that the Elation was going to be leaving out of Miami next year and that our cruise essentially no longer exists. I received no notification from Carnival whatsoever and, since this is the second time Carnival has dumped me in 30 days, I have no confidence in this company. You seem to have some affinity with Carnival (not sure if you work for them), but now I have three choices, none of which are good and will put us in a position of having cancellations and making apologies: 1) Switch our cruise to Royal Caribbean with different destinations; 2) Stay with Carnival and change destinations; or 3) Cruise out of Miami and add airfare to our expenses, which were not planned since we live in Houston and were leaving out of Galveston.

If you work for Carnival, perhaps you can tell the people at the top, who seem to be clueless, that the way they are going about cancelling people is such bad business, I am speechless.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:57 AM

grichardson,

I'm sorry your other cruise has been cancelled, as well. This probably would have left me with little confidence, as well.

However, I can only repeat again and again that I neither officially nor indirectly work for any cruise line, including Carnival. Actually I have been on one Carnival cruise only, out of a total of more than 40 cruises, so - no - I also do not have a certain affinity with them.

All information posted by me, such as the planned itinerary changes, is available to anybody from Carnival's web site. That's where I got it from.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-04-2005, 05:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by grichardson:
I found out tonight, through a total stranger who was going to go on our cruise, that the Elation was going to be leaving out of Miami next year and that our cruise essentially no longer exists. I received no notification from Carnival whatsoever and, since this is the second time Carnival has dumped me in 30 days, I have no confidence in this company.

I don't blame you! If you go to the CCL site and click on Find A Cruise (or whatever it is) and click on Elation, you magically see sailings from Miami in the spring. Voila! With no announcement at all.

I know she is being drydocked, which IMHO she can seriously use. I hear you about the airfare- airfare for me and four kids from NY to HOU, plus two nights in Galveston, was over 2 grand.

I don't know what to tell you, except that Raoul definitely does NOT have a special place in his heart for CCL!

This site is usually right on, but this guy doesn't show the schedule change, either: http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/default.aspx?tabid=252
Old 10-04-2005, 06:45 AM

I too was cancelled on the Elation for a 7 day on Nov 27. Although I can understand their mission with helping out the Hurricane Katrina victims, I cannot accept their customer service.

EVERYONE we spoke to at Carnival was either rude, not helpful, or put us on permahold when we were trying to rebook. The only exception was a lady named Denise, who actually seemed somewhat helpful and understanding.

After 2 weeks of calling and demanding our refund (we were using Hilton Honor points for part of the cruise fare), we finally were able to rebook a 5 day on the Inspiration on Nov. 26. Yes, we incurred additional flight expenses, plus just the pure hassle of changing all our plans from Galveston to Tampa.

I'm a bit nervous to still cruise with Carnival based on my impression of them through their customer service and promotions departments. The $100 per person shipboard credit helps some, but doesn't alleviate all costs associated with the change in itinerary.

Closed Thread

Tags
april, carnival, cruise, ecstasy, elation, relocation, repositioning, reviews, switched