Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 02:14 PM

Hi everybody
First time here and first time cruise YAH!! It's been a long time coming. We are taking our honeymoon and 25th wedding anniversary at the same time.
My question is we have already been assigned a cabin on the Sensation I believe it is 6D cabin E???. Do we still qualify for an upgrade?
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:34 PM

If you picked a cabin our choose a particular type and they assign you a cabin number at booking, you most likely woul dnot get an upgrade. most upgrades happen for those that book the "TBA" (to be assigned)cabins. Meaning the cruise line will pick a cabin in that category to assign to you. Sometimes you will get an upgrade during this process.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-13-2008, 02:36 PM

Welcome to Cruise Chat. Usually if you have you cabin number there will be no upgrade.... with that said upgrades are few and far between. We always cruise a cabin because of that. That way we choose where we want to be, and not end up with the cabins no one wanted.
I am sure you will have a great cruise and Happy Anniversary!

Old 02-13-2008, 08:35 PM

Hello bronte1, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Congrats on your first cruise and anniversary!

As Jim and Gary already noted, upgrades can happen when one books a Guaranteed Category on the ship. Meaning you are guaranteed that type of cabin and deck or better.

If you book an Assigned Cabin, it would be extremely rare to get an upgrade.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 02-14-2008, 04:38 AM
Welcome bronte1 to cruise chat and yippie on you taking your first cruise WARNING you may become addicted Have a wonderful time and come back and tell us about it. Good luck with your upgrade.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-14-2008, 05:21 AM

Thank you to the ones that responded so quickly. I thought that was how it worked but asked anyway just to be sure

So how did I do at picking a cabin....
Carnival Sensation 6D cabin E91
Will it be noisy?

There is so much info here to look into and I can see myself here a lot just trying to figure things out. Hope you don't mind more questions.(warning some may be silly)lol
I'm the type of person that likes to know what is going on and what to expect. I would rather create surprises.

I'm so excited, that I just can't stand it, I'm about to lose control and i think I like it...and i still have to wait for 10 months lol
Old 02-14-2008, 05:58 AM

Hi bronte1, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on your honeymoon/anniversary/first cruise. I think you did a great job selecting your cabin. You shouldn't be bothered by noise. You're close to the elevators, but not on top of them. The cabins are amazingly quiet. You can expect to have a wonderful time. There is plenty to do on board as well as on shore. Don't try to do everything there is to do because you'll wear yourself out. Just read your Caper (daily news letter) in the morning, see what is interesting to you and plan accordingly. You can be busy from sun up to the wee hours of the morning, or relax and do nothing, it's all up to you. Make sure you try the chocolate melting cake, if you want more than one entre' for dinner, order it. Have a picture taken on formal night, the ship's photographers do a great job. You don't have to buy every one they snap, just pick out the ones you like. As Spiritfilled says, cruising is addictive! Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 02-14-2008, 06:16 AM

You are right below the Dining Room. I do not believe that will be an issue. The hall you are on might pick up some extra traffic because of the information desk that is close to you. Most people will probably choose to walk down the photo gallery, the next hall over. I think you will be ok.
Have a great trip.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:17 PM

Yes, E-91 is a most excellent cabin choice!

Relatively midship, close to the info desk, and a short walk to an elevator regardless of which direction you are headed.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
6c, 6d, book, cabin, carnival, e91, sensation