Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2003, 08:48 AM

Hi Fran

Well, we're in the middle of Isabel right now and it's very windy and rainy outside. Kind of worried about the trees around our house.

Wish I was cruising right about now!

As far as drinks go, we're not fussy.I like white wine, bailey's, kalua, and hubby likes rum, rye or beer. I especially love the drinks of the day on board! Maybe I should bring a blender and make some in our cabin! LOL! I'm going to try to sneak some wine on board. We'll see if we get caught.

Are you flying in the day before? We decided to do that because you never know about the weather.
Actually, we are flying out of Buffalo...we always do that as the flight prices are cheaper than Toronto.

Talk to you later

Toni
Old 09-19-2003, 05:22 PM
well we skated thru unscathed, just a liitle wind and rain. we will be flying in a day early and we will be staying, over the night the cruise comes, in we booked a room at the Holiday inn marina Hotel right by the port. weather is unpredictable in jan. we did not want to take a chance. last time we left in a middle of big storm in march when we went on Haliday in NOLA we were afraid planes were not going to be up in air but lucky for us two days after storm we made it. no problem it would have been a world record driving if we had to drive lol. we brought liquer on board in our checked luggage they did not look I dont lock my bags if they want to search they are more then welcome I think they get curious when people lock there luggage up I carry everything of value with me on plane. well glad u made it through the Hurricane as we did talk to u soon Fran
Old 09-25-2003, 03:55 PM

Hi Fran

Check my post about the Carnival sale. So we are now confirmed. I'm glad as I was hearing horror stories about cabins on the Verandah deck which were located underneath the Lido deck where the pool is. They said it was very noisy at all times with the deck chairs being moved.

I also talked to a man on another board who is sailing at the same time as us. It will soon be time to do a rollcall.

Talk to you later.
Toni
Old 09-25-2003, 04:33 PM
hi toni only 108 days to go I am getting antsy can not wait I am looking to book another in late May or early June not sure yet whatever I can find that is reasonable, I am trying to find some one to go with, as its hard for my family all to getaway at the same time as Me. Thought about taking just my grandaughter maybe but Thats in the air right now. I wanted to go out of nyc since it would be close and no flying extra $$$. so I been scanning the internet looking for deals lololol talk to u soon Fran
Old 09-25-2003, 04:39 PM
glad you got your cabin and I am sure it will be fine there really is not that much noise on the pool deks I have seen at night since they do close the pools early if anything maybe theme party on deck later at night we did not get back to our rooms till after midnite or later and you are so tired you will sleep through anything at least thats me lololol.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Hi Toni, well its getting closer and closer counting down the days,Did you guys find a room in miami yet we are staying the night before the cruise at a the holiday inn marina on biscayne blvd. it is a couple blocks from pier I heard. Also we are staying there the day we come back, flying home monday. don"t like to be rushed and worry about not getting to the airport in case of delays or problems we are flying into ft. lauderdale, got good price on spirit airline 135.00 r/t but have to fly out of ny but thats ok to. let me know how things are going so glad you got the panorama deck lucky you!!! talk to u soon Fran
Old 09-28-2003, 08:11 PM

and have rented a car to head down to Miami in the morning. It was cheaper for us to fly into Ft Lauderdale. When we get off the ship we have a car rented and we're off to Orlando for three days (gotta do Disney!) and then over to St Petersburg for two days. We fly home on Jan 24th.
Talk to you later!

Toni

Closed Thread

Tags
2004, 2011, 6434, cabin, carnival, revies, review, reviews, room, schedule, statroom, suite, victory, victry, wraparound