Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Is there any one that has experience sailing with a glutten intolerance? Can Carnival adjust the main dinning room diet? Will the waiters be knowledgable of this ailment or at the least the ingredients of the meals? Even wheat thickiner in the gravy or salid dressing can be bad for my friend.

Perhaps there is a web site that might help me with the Carnival menus or a Carnival contact that could provide advice.

I have used the special needs desk before and they were helpful for a physical handicap but I am not inclined to let them in on this for fear that my friend might be denied excursions or soemthing else equally stupid.

Any help?
Old 01-06-2008, 03:51 PM

yes, call carnival ahead of time and they will help you. Once again when you get there the first night talk to the dining room people. The will have the matre de come over and show you the menu for the next day and allow you to pick out things in advance and then they will prepare it the way you need it prepared. Be warned though if you don't show up for the meal the waiters might be all over you. We ordered something prepared without dairy and my daughter didn't dine with us that night. the waiters harassed my husband and were down right mean about it. They will work with you. Ask a lot of questions. If dining in the cafateria you may have more limitations. I am not sure who you would ask there about the meals. We could visually see what to avoid for our daughter who is allergic to eggs, milk, wheat and assorted othe items.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cupcake330:
yes, call carnival ahead of time and they will help you. Once again when you get there the first night talk to the dining room people. The will have the matre de come over and show you the menu for the next day and allow you to pick out things in advance and then they will prepare it the way you need it prepared. Be warned though if you don't show up for the meal the waiters might be all over you. We ordered something prepared without dairy and my daughter didn't dine with us that night. the waiters harassed my husband and were down right mean about it. They will work with you. Ask a lot of questions. If dining in the cafateria you may have more limitations. I am not sure who you would ask there about the meals. We could visually see what to avoid for our daughter who is allergic to eggs, milk, wheat and assorted othe items.
Thanks Cupcake, We will do that. I always enjoy the main dining room and I will caution my friends that they should come to dinner if they have something made special.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:27 PM

Definitely contact the cruise line with the special need. Special Services
8:30am-6:30pm EST, Monday-Friday
Toll-Free: 800 438-6744, x70006

Closed Thread