Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 01:23 AM

They meant business about enforcing the policy on the Paradise too. I have read several stories of people being "debarked" as well. I also heard the profit margins were suffering.

The smoking areas are very limited now, compared to the past. Heck, I remember when smoking was allowed anywhere on the ship, including the dining room. It has gradually been phased out. When the dining rooms first went smoke-free the outside entrance at the elevators was a cloud of smoke after dinner.

They then started seperating the smokers in the show lounges to the starboard side. They eventually stopped that as well. The next phase was the biggest change of all. No smoking in the interior public walkways of the ship, including the Promenade deck and Lobby.

The next phase designated certain inside bars and entertainment venues as non-smoking areas. They then designated the Starboard side of the open/outside decks for smoking.

Just a little history of smoking on Carnival ships. There shouldn't be any gauntlets to run for anyone, unless you are trying to find a place to smoke.

Dwayne
Old 05-13-2008, 05:41 AM
Unfortunately there are people who do not know the port side from the starboard. I have been on two cruises and have had to run the smoking gauntlets on both sides of the ship. Let me add this: SMOKING STINKS!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:56 AM

They may not know Port from Starboard but they certainly should know how to read. I have seen small No Smoking signs hanging on the railing, and the tables on deck have No Smoking symbols on them.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:58 PM
everytime I found a post about smoking I can only say this
" I pay good money for my cruise, I like to smoke and I am at sea, where I can smoke??"

You know what
Sometimes nonsmoking people ask
where are their rights?
Well we have delimited smoking areas, I can't smoke on most parts of the ship and yet they still want to ban smoking from cruising.
Is easier for them to find a place without smokers than a smoker is to find a place where he can smoke and yet still they are not happy,
What about we do this I respect their rigths to no smoke and they respect mine to smoke...
Old 05-14-2008, 01:02 PM
I have obviously struck a nerve with the smokers. I know it is a terrible addiction. All I ask is to not smoke in the non-smoking areas.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
All I ask is to not smoke in the non-smoking areas.
Exactly. The problem is those who ignore the signs and wander all over the place with a cigarette or cigar in their mouth. It isn't many, but it doesn't need to be many. I've got no problem with people who choose to smoke as long as it isn't done in no-smoking areas. Heck, I still enjoy a cigar now and then but I do it within the rules.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:13 PM

Can you smoke on your private balcony?

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 05-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Administrator

On Carnival, yes.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Banned

First of all, coming from an entire family of smokers....smoking is not a right. It is a responsibility. Not only does someone not have the right to harm another human being, they have the responsibility not to.

I know the horrible addiction first hand. I watched my sister die a slow death of two years that was nothing short of pure torture in her 50's.

That being said...if Carnival wants the money of smokers and nonsmokers, then they should build smarter ships instead of just bigger ones...that will accommodate both!

But as long as cruise lines have smokers and non smokers bickering among themselves...they don't have to worry about us getting together and demanding a working solution.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:16 AM

LHP, I am sorry to hear about what happened with your sister. It is horrible.

I am still a smoker and can attest to Carnival's strict enforcement of the current policies. I was told to get rid of one by security on the aft lido deck on Glory. I was waiting on a pizza late at night and walked to the starboard side to smoke. I had made friends with the pizza makers and they knew me by name. So they yelled my name out when my pizza was ready. Needless to say, I inadvertently walked over with my cigarette and was promptly busted.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, cruises, line, lines, list, nonsmoking, ship, ships, side, smoking, starboard, working