Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Banned

Has anyone else heard about this??????

Liquor and Beverage Policy
Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation
Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Rob (Carnival Rep in New Orleans) reported on Monday that 50 bottles of liquor were removed from CHECKED luggage. And then this announcement popped up.....

if anyone hears any further confirmations, please post!!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:24 AM

non alcoholic too? does that mean we can not bring our own water and soda pops? hummmm
Old 03-22-2007, 07:49 AM

That's an exact quote from the 'updated' FAQ on Carnival's web site.

We don't drink any alcohol but we do drink quite a bit of soda & water and always carry it with us where ever we go as it's ridiculous to pay such outrageous prices for something that is 'dirt cheap'.

We will take our normal soda & water with us on our upcoming cruise in May. If it is taken from us, this will be our LAST cruise with Carnival.

The number crunchers are always looking for every possible way to squeeze every nickel they can, many times without due consideration to the long-term effect. If that's the way they want it, we'll take our vacation $ elsewhere.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:53 AM

But the ticket contract says:

6.(f). Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only. Excessive quantities, as determined by Carnival, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

If they take mine, there will be a dispute.

2004 - Fascination
2005 - Ecstasy, Elation
2006 - Sensation, Holiday
2007 - Fantasy, Glory
2008 - Holiday, Sensation
2009 - Fantasy, Valor, Glory
Coming up:
2010 - Monarch OTS
Old 03-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by richjester:
But the ticket contract says:

6.(f). Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only. Excessive quantities, as determined by Carnival, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

If they take mine, there will be a dispute.
I guess "Small Quantity" is left to the discretion of the embarkation personel. However I can understand their issue if you are setting up a competing concession for soft drinks. I did see on my last cruise a family that had what appeared to be a 6 pack each. They had no trouble at Port Canaveral. Keep it reasonable and you will probably be fine.

I don't bring any on with me so any one that is standing in line that has excess, if I have a hand free I will carry it in for you, No problem.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:33 PM

Do Sodas and/or wine need to be packed in your carry on or your checked luggage?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sunshine37922:
Do Sodas and/or wine need to be packed in your carry on or your checked luggage?
We don't sail again until September and I plan to have mine in my carry on. I don't want to take a chance of having a mess if the soda can should bust in the luggage. If they take it, then so be it.

We just sailed on the Fantasy on March 15th without a problem. Apparently this was the last cruise that was not :checked: thoroughly.
Because the next cruise that left Monday was checked a lot heavier than usual.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Administrator

I know the price of beer has gone up - because Carnival is now going with mostly 16 oz containers - such as those aluminum bottles of Bud and Bud Light. The only 12 oz beer was Coors Light and some of the imports. At least this was how it was the past week on the Holiday.

No one said anything about having a problem with bringing their own soft drinks - and I know people did so because I saw non-standard containers of Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc....things that one cannot buy on a Carnival ship.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:02 PM

This July is my first cruise, I am not sure of the prices for drinks. What is the cost for a soda or a mixed drink? What about the fountain card I have heard about?
Old 03-22-2007, 10:50 PM

Dave said that right. I usually drink Coors Light but on my last cruise a friend was with us and I ordered a bucket of Bud Lights and came in the aluminum bottles. I could not believe the ticket!

I say just put it in your checked luggage if this new policy is true. That would be borderline piracy on their end.

Go by what your ticket says, not anything else at this point is my thinking. I am going to check the website, as I am sure you guys are doing also.

Closed Thread

Tags
beverage, bud, busted, canaveral, carnival, cruise, drink, light, liquor, policy, port, pride, ship, ships, sneaking, soft