Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 06:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Just as long as you don't have to send him the money to catch up to the ship
Nope....I am a firm believer in one learning one's own life lessons.

Now I might assist him to get HIS money to catch up to the ship....but he won't be spending mine to do it!!
Old 08-17-2009, 06:09 PM
20 years ago this summer, I was on my basic training with the Canadian Army Reserves.

This reminds me of something my platoon commander told us during one of our exercises a few years later - when we were preparing for an airmobile exercise.

"The Helicopters will pick us up at 15:00 hrs. The Air Force works on time. At 15:01 we will be walking to the objective."
Old 08-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Casanova frankenstein:
Well I found this video on youtube this goes specially to the new cruisers:

HERE

This was on the Carnival Glory, please take the time to see it specially if you like the cutting too short kind of tour or arriving late to port becuase a flight delay...
There is another one on you tube where the ship came back, very unusual. I know it was Saint Thomas, might have been the Destiny. I liked the commentary as the guy is running along the pier, "I hope she was worth it" was my favorite but "you owe everyone on board a drink" was good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=handlto6oLo

Best Practise is leave plenty of time. My daughter and her Senior tech finance still cut it way to close for me and they get fined if they miss the ship in addition to the expense of getting to the next port and loosing pay for the days they are not on board. They have not missed yet.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:54 AM

That is way too scary when you face almost missing the boat. We were in St.Marteen and were almost in tears because the boat left at 5 and at 4:15 we were stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on the other side of St.Marteen. It was rush hour and obviously the road systems in their country were not adequate. My face went so white as we sat there and our driver tried to say we would be fine. Somehow we managed to get there on time by getting by having our driver do some illegal manuvers and drive on the other side of the road. After this we will never cut it close and will book boat excursions. This was too scary.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Well here is an interesting one
a person fell from a cruise ship and the rescue team is working on the situation and one of the passengers use the video camera to record the incident is at night and not very clear but here its goes:

HERE

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, ship, wait