Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2007, 07:36 PM

Ok, No flames or stirring up of anything. But for the record I totally dissagree with some parts of the previous post
Old 05-11-2007, 06:18 AM

IC,
I think it's too late for me to make any changes now. I just can't worry about it anymore. Thanks for the reassuring comments.
Kevin
Old 05-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Banned

Kevin, please don't worry! We have been cruising with Carnival for 10 years. My children are spoiled from it. They've never complained once that they want to try a different line. They've met great friends and they've formed lasting friendships from these encounters on-board. My youngest daughter has literally a list of girls that she e-mails and sends Christmas cards to every year.

When we board the ship, the first thing our daughters' do is find out the time and place for the first teen get together. After that, they are so busy doing their own thing. They just check in with my husband or myself. Much of their at-sea days are spent on the waterslide with friends.

We only request that we eat our 3 meals together as a family. Other that, they do their own thing. Unless, of course, it's a port day. Then, again, they are with us.

Please relax, don't worry about things and enjoy your cruise.
Post when you get back home. I'm betting you're going to say you worried over nothing.
A'ndrea
Old 05-11-2007, 10:30 AM

I have never tried different lines however here is my 2 cents. For the price you can't beat carnival. I have tried. I am on pretty well every travel companies email list of specials and even when RCCL has a special Carnvial still has them beat. I have had an occation where there was a stateroom stuart that I did not like an a server that I did not like however that was just because I have met some amazing servers and stuarts that I just can't say enough of, so when I compared, the service was different and that is why I just did not like them. I also can say that the food every time that I have been on a ship has been excellent. My parents travell on Celbrity and they love that line. I am young and love the hairy chest comp and the activities. However I have always found a very quiet place to sit where all I can hear is the waves crashing below. I am loyal to Carnival for the reason that I have always had an excellent vacation and I figured if it is not broke don't fix it. If you have travelled on 50 cruise lines then you know that a cruise is what you make of it. There will always be somthing to complain about on any ship. I also have found that there are less snooty people on carnival. That is my own opinion anyways. There are just average people tring to have a great time on there vacation.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:28 AM

I have sailed on CCL 6 times and I find I enjoy Carnival. Yes, as some people have stated the food is good, but each and everyone of us has different preferences. I was on Carnival Freedom in March and found after a while the sauces/gravy's were too much, so I ordered some of my meals without the gravy. I would actually say that I enjoyed 90%of the food.
As far as the amount of children on Carnival, we try to schedule our cruise when we know children will be in school.
We all have different priorities and tastes, so you can choose the type of activities you want and enjoy.
I also agree with some of the people in this forum that HAL has less children, but again it is the time of the year that you choose that is important to consider.
So far we have never found a problem with people partying.
Daddyx2 If you do go on another Carnival cruise I hope you enjoy it.
BTW, Freedom is a Beautiful ship.
Sandy p
Costa Atlantica 2/2002-- 2/2005----Magica 2/2006
Concordia 1/2008
HAL MS Zuiderdam 9/03
MS Zaandam 1/04
Sun Princess 9/05
Royal Caribbean :
Majesty of the Seas 11/01
Sovereign of the Seas 12/02
MSC Orchestra 1/09
Ru** Princess 10/09

Read and post cruise reviews

Old 05-12-2007, 09:50 AM

Whickey...you are 100% on target. If you don't like the hairiest chest contest...DON'T ENTER and DSON'T GO! Like the commercial says, at any moment there's thousands of things to do aboard a fun ship! Carnival is all about having fun! Yes, some of the things are silly, but thats what having FUN is all about!
Old 05-13-2007, 09:42 AM

Reading all these posts are making me concerned as well. I was looking forward to booking on Splendor, but now maybe i'll stick with Princess as i've cruised with them before and really enjoyed my time with them. Guess i'll ask my sister which ship she prefers when I speak with her tonight.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:04 AM

Keri....don't dare rule out Splendor yet! It will be a brand new ship. The Meditteranean Itinerary does not draw the same "party crowd" that the Caribbean does. With so many different "must-see" ports, unlike many Caribbean ports, people will have very little opportunity to heavily party without missing something. For a great trip like that, I'd have to take a brand new ship over an older one.

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination