Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 03:35 PM

My husband and I would love to enjoy dinner in the main dining room. We are going with a group of friends. We are also bringing our 3 small children. Is there a kid's menu in the main dining room?
Old 12-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Sure there is! It has the usual stuff - chicken fingers, hot dogs, pizza, grilled cheese, etc. We have found that our son will also try stuff from the regular menu.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Banned

For years, the wait staff knew to bring our youngest son pepperoni pizza every night. Because of his autism, foods are one of the things that he hyper focuses on.

I am proud to announce that this year he hasn't eaten one slice of pizza at dinner yet. In March and October, he ate from the adult menu every night! Now he didn't always like everything he got, but he did well.

We are looking forward to December being just as successful!!
Old 12-02-2006, 04:05 AM

With all those cruises under your belt as a Parent, I am sure glad they figured it out.

Hope yall have a great cruise
Old 12-02-2006, 03:47 PM

Cruiseline have a childs menu in the main dining room but unlike the adult it does chane every night
Old 12-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Rhonda, while the kids' menu is great, the dining room waiters tend to bring their meals out early, usually around the time you're having your appetizers. Then, while you're on your entree, the kids might be done and anxious to leave. So... I'd suggest ordering the kids an appetizer of their own, either off the regular menu or the kids' menu, so that the timing of their courses is more consistent with the adults'. This made for a more enjoyable meal when our son was young. Come to think of it, it still does.

Enjoy your cruise!
Old 12-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by LisaP:
Rhonda, while the kids' menu is great, the dining room waiters tend to bring their meals out early, usually around the time you're having your appetizers. Then, while you're on your entree, the kids might be done and anxious to leave. So... I'd suggest ordering the kids an appetizer of their own, either off the regular menu or the kids' menu, so that the timing of their courses is more consistent with the adults'. This made for a more enjoyable meal when our son was young. Come to think of it, it still does.

Enjoy your cruise!
Great idea. You are so right. Our son's pizza was always there "immediately". Some of our most favorite wait staff would have his slice and a coke waiting for him as soon as he sat down. Followed by the sherbert he loves!!
Old 12-03-2006, 03:31 AM

Is not bad for Kid's tastes. Am a little embarrased about this, but I have actually ordered off the Kid's menu in the dining room.

Was a long day and I was not feeling that well, and did not want to risk eating what was on the menu that night. The waiter was so nice and whispered to me, He could bring me a cheeseburger, or a nice little steak! I did not want to look like an idiot. He brought me a nice sirloin medium and french fries!

Yes, this is off topic to a point. But a point being, they will take care of you, and the Kids

Carnival Dining Room is Great!
Old 12-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Administrator

I've never ordered from the kid's menu, but I have taken a bite or two of my son's dinner when he didn't eat it all. Most of it was quite good.

Closed Thread

Tags
area, caribbean, carnival, carribean, childrens, cruise, dining, dinning, kids, main, menu, menus, offer, room, royal