Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 11:25 PM

Hi cruisers...

I'm taking my first cruise to Ensenda out of Long Beach...I'm testing the waters before I commit to a longer and more expensive cruise.

I have 2 questions...

1. If our boat is scheduled to dock at 8:00 AM what is the fastest time that i can expect to get off the boat...and how do i do it? (I have to get into the office that morning)

2. In Long Beach, are there any other parking options besides the $10/day at the port?

Please help!

thanks
Old 03-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Hello jjjj, and welcome to cruise-chat;

I'm not sure of Carnival's name for it, but most cruise lines now have an "express" debarkation, where if you can wrangle all of your own luggage, you can be in the first group off, which, if everything goes smoothly with customs and immigration, could be a little over an hour after you dock.

There are probably other parking options, but I don't believe you will do any better then $10.00 a day at the port.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:20 AM

Just wanted to note the current parking rate is $12 per day. And is subject to change by the Port Authority.

Dwayne
Old 03-09-2008, 05:27 AM

Congrats on your first time cruise! What an adventure and great experience (hopefully) that you are in for. As for debarktation, if your question is just out of curiosity, then I guess most people either plan to be first off or last off by preference, and you can plan accordingly. If you are asking because you are booking a flight or other reservations that depend upon getting off the ship quickly...PLAN FOR THE UNEXPECTED! There are various things that can delay debarktation. In our case, thick early morning fog slowed our ship into port and our 8:00 a.m. debarktation turned into noon! I know this is not the rule of thumb, but I would have hated to have missed our flight home or other time-sensitive plans due to unforseen delays getting off the ship.

Closed Thread

Tags
ensenda