Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2003, 04:29 PM

Carnival has implemented a new policy regarding bringing beverages on board all of their ships. The new policy prohibits bringing ANY (REPEAT ANY) beverages on board. This includes soda, water, juice, and alcohol.
Their only exception is that they will allow one bottle of wine or champagne per cabin if you are celebrating a special occasion.

From now on I think we will be using another cruise line.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:29 PM

Carnival has implemented a new policy regarding bringing beverages on board all of their ships. The new policy prohibits bringing ANY (REPEAT ANY) beverages on board. This includes soda, water, juice, and alcohol.
Their only exception is that they will allow one bottle of wine or champagne per cabin if you are celebrating a special occasion.

Old 02-25-2003, 06:26 PM

and how exactly do they impose this new law of no beverages on-board? I mean are they going to search our suitcases to see if we are carrying bottled water?
Old 03-04-2003, 05:12 PM

Spoke withour travel agent and he informed us that with the new security scanning that is donbe before every cruise they are able to detect bottles that are packed inside luggage. He said that we could probably get away with 1 bottle but any more will draw too much attention. They will ask to see what is packed before deliverying to you cabin.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:18 AM

I have been told that carnival got so many complaints about the new beverage policy that they are letting a lot slide again. I think with in reason (no full cases) they will let pop and water slide. I'm leaving 4/27/03 on the destiny and will bring my diet pepsi and water (8 pack of each) The pop on the ship never tastes right!
Old 03-19-2003, 10:24 AM
I just returned from cruise on Holiday I saw cases of coke go thru x ray machines at the embarkation on the day of our cruise so there must not be any restrictions. I I had known I would have brought my own Diet Pepsi!!
Old 04-23-2003, 04:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rvswenson:

Does this include bring back liquor from the ports (say Cozumel) ?
Old 04-28-2003, 09:58 AM

Just a note to let everyone know all is well if you don't ask. Got back form our cruise last week and had no problems. We really enjoy Port wine and as it is not available by the bottle we packed 4 bottles in our luggage. Made it to the room no problem. Brought a couple of bottles on in a back pack from Cozumel and went right thru the x-ray.
Didn't see anyone bringing on six-packs or cases of cokes.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:25 PM
our last port we were not subjected to search for liquer they had closed the checkpoint off I had bought 2 bottles in playa del carmen and they waved us through if I had known we would have bought mixers on with us I guess the last port they are lax in taking your bottles away, that was on the Holiday on 3/1/2003 cruise they don"t sell mixers in the dutyfree free store on ship so we were sitting there with tequila and no mixers
Old 05-15-2003, 08:14 AM

Just a suggestion for the future.
Coconut rum goes great with the fruit punch in the drink dispensers. Better than the $6 drinks they sell.

Closed Thread

Tags
beverage, bring, bringing, carnival, cruise, crusie, liquide, luggage, machines, on, poilicy, policy, ray, sodas, us