Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2008, 06:51 AM

My fiancé and I are getting married on a Carnival Cruise in Feb 09. We have approximately 75 guests going with us and I noticed that there is a $50-$75 charge for individual insurance. This isn’t too bad for individuals going on a cruise but is quite substantial for such a large group. I learned about a site www.insuremygroup.com and was wondering if anyone had used this service or would it be worthwhile to just use the standard Carnival offering. All participants will be obtaining transportation to the cruise port without the help of Carnival.

Also, does anyone out there have any tips or lessons learned that I could apply when planning my Cozumel Wedding? It is through Carnival's Wedding Dept and the ceremony will take place at Hotel Melia on the island.

Thank You
Old 02-15-2008, 07:43 AM

Hi jdfree, welcome to Cruise-Chat. If you booked through a Travel Agency, see if they offer a group rate for insurance. I have not personally used the company you referenced, but the insurance is well worth the money, especially with that many people going. What a wonderful way to get married and spend a honeymoon. A friend of mine did that on Celebrity. They were married in St. Thomas. The company she used took care of everything and she said it was the best. She didn't have to lift a finger. I'm sure you'll be taken care of, but after all, how could it not be fantastic. You'll be on a great ship, get married in a beautiful spot, and have your fiance/spouse with friends and family with you. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 02-15-2008, 12:07 PM

I'd get a good outside insurance coverage. Cruiseline insurance is typically either 80% or 90% coverage and lower limits than are available outside. Also outside insurance has some other advantages, often lower cost and no conflict of interest if you and the cruiseline see things differently on a dispute. The underwriter may have a pre-disposed position on the conflict if the cruiseline is a major client of their coverage and you're just someone filing a claim with no long term relationship with the provider.

Most important have a great wedding and cruise!

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, carnival, cozemel, cozumel, cruise, married, norwegian, planner, port, review, reviews, stop, taking, wedding, weddings