Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 10:18 AM

I am thinking of going on the Carnival Sensation spring break weekend. It is only a 3 day....can anyone tell me which night is formal night? And which night is the deck party? It would kinda suck if formal night is the day we are in Nassau because i would have to cut my shopping short! lol Also, I went on the Celebration last time, is the Sensation better?
Thanks
Old 01-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Administrator

There aren't too many options for the formal night on a 3-night cruise. The first night is out since they just don't do formal night when people may still be waiting for luggage or have been traveling all day to get to the ship. The last night is out since passengers are asked to pack and put baggage in the passageways. That leaves the middle night at Nassau for formal night.

Is the Sensation better than the Celebration? As far as things to do the Sensation has more since it is a larger ship, but other than that it will be familiar to you.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:35 PM

I wonder if it would be better if I try to find a longer cruise (maybe 5 days) maybe going to Cozumel? I've never been there. But do you need a passport? I know you have until sometime in the summer to "have" to have one for the Bahamas (I just take my birth certificate & drivers lis.), but what about the other islands (St Martin/St Thomas etc) and Cozumel? Thanks!!
Old 01-31-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lindalou76:
I wonder if it would be better if I try to find a longer cruise (maybe 5 days) maybe going to Cozumel? I've never been there. But do you need a passport? I know you have until sometime in the summer to "have" to have one for the Bahamas (I just take my birth certificate & drivers lis.), but what about the other islands (St Martin/St Thomas etc) and Cozumel? Thanks!!
I think anything short of 5 days is too much like work...one day to 'relax' and two days of embarkation and debarkation...

Just a thought.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
But do you need a passport?
The final rules keep getting pushed back. It is now sometime in 2009 before you'll need a passport for cruises to anywhere in the Caribbean basin. So - for at least the rest of this year a driver's license and birth certificate will suffice for cruises that go to Cozumel, The Bahamas, St. Martin, etc. St. Thomas is a U.S. territory and therefore even after the passport rules are finalized you won't need one to go there if you wish to fly down for a land vacation.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:20 PM

Yes, I agree....we are now looking at a 5 day cruise out of Tampa that has 2 "day at sea" (which i LOVE) and 1 day in Cozumel. Do the 5 day cruise's only have 1 formal night? I am hoping it is while we are at sea. The 7 day cruise's have 2 formal nights I have heard. Anyway, thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:26 PM

The 5 day cruises have 1 formal night. Sometimes it varies which night it is depending on the ship and itinerary.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, carnival, cruise, day, formal, night, sensation