Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2007, 10:51 AM

HI Lisa
I'd love to hear more about your Victory Cruise to Canada. We just booked that cruise on Aug. 6th. I'm a little nervous because I don't like to be cold.
Did you use Camp Carnival? What type of music did they play since you were heading North?
What excursions did you do?
Tell me about this ship? I've been on Carnival Glory and three of RC's ships. Was there enough to do on sea days?
How was the weather?
Thanks
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 05-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Administrator

We did this cruise last July, stopping in Halifax and Saint John. It was a very good cruise...it was also our fifth cruise in the region, so I'm somewhat biased about the itinerary, but I will say that our experience on the ship exceeded expectations.

I have a review around here somewhere... I wrote it last year soon after we returned, but never got around to submitting it. I'll let you know when it's posted. But, until it is, here are reviews from past cruisers who submitted theirs in a more timely fashion:

CruiseReviews.com-Carnival Victory

As far as excursions, tell us a bit more about what you generally like to see -- are you into museums, scenery, history, water activities? Both cities have something for everyone. And BTW, the weather is far from cold in this part of Canada during the summer, so no need to be concerned.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:58 AM

We will have a 9,11,12 & 13 yo with us. The 9 Year old will probably stay in Camp Carnival if they offer that in port days.
We love water activities, we are active type of people and we like to be outside. I workout for about 1-2 hrs./day so biking,kayaking etc would be fun but we also enjoy the fufu refined kinds of stuff too. WE LOVE SEAFOOD and lobster iS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. I also LOVE To shop!
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 05-06-2007, 05:59 AM

OHHH I forgot thanks for your reply and I'M EXCITED I can pick your brain, since I've never been to Canada.
Cyndi
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 05-07-2007, 03:56 PM

I took the cruise last year in June. The weather is cool so don't plan on alot of sun. But who's to know what your weather will be like. We had a blast! Canada is alot of fun. Great seafood. Victory is a GREAT Boat..outstanding food and entertainment. You'll have a blast! I think Victory is one of the best ships afloat! Camp Carnival is GREAT! They do wonderful things with the kids. They do the same kind of music that they do on the Caribbean cruises. Hope this helps! And HELLOOOOOOOO Asheville from Rocky Mount.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:55 PM

Our 9 year old did very selective things in the Kids camp, was mostly younger Kids, and as we said it is a Family Vacation , spend it with family, kids are fine on boat, we bought walkie talkies and Kids went no where with out one,, it worked out fine ,, Have fun

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-08-2007, 05:01 AM
Banned

We are soooo looking forward to this cruise in September as well.

Camp Carnival is pretty consistant from ship to ship. Our boys have always enjoyed them.

As for music, except for perhaps a different feel outside on Lido...I expect it to be the standard Carnival Fun Ship!!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, nyc, victory