Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2005, 07:54 PM

Hi everyone...takin my 2 daughters, ages 19 and 15 on a Western Caribbean cruise for her 16th birthday. Many thanks to all of you for some interesting information...this is our first cruise, and Im a little nervous about a few things, such as seasickness and letting the girls wander around the ship alone. Any hints or tips you could give me would be much appreciated.

We have booked a few shore excursions, the Stingrays in Grand Cayman, The Falls in Ocho Rios, and Horseback riding in Playa De Carmen. Our second day in Coz we'll probably just find a beach.

Thanks again for all the tips ...WE CANT WAIT!
Old 11-24-2005, 03:56 AM

You will have a great time! Please don't worry about your kids wandering around alone. This is one place where they can enjoy complete freedom and you can enjoy peace of mind, two things not often found on land... Just don't even give that issue a second thought.

I did the same thing in Cozumel last August. The taxis are always available, very reasonably priced, and they will recommend a beach and take you there no problemo. Obviously things have changed since I was there- I think Chankanaab Park is a pile of sticks right now. Just try to find a nice low key beach where you can catch some rays and relax. I was in Grand Cayman in April, and although I did not do Stingray City, many other people did and they raved about it.

Bon Voyage and welcome to cruise-chat.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:23 PM

If any of your party gets queasy in a car or plane, I would bring something for motion sickness. If not, you are probably okay. Even if you find you need something, the stores on the ships always stock motion sickness products.

I typically have no problem in a plane or car, but I do find that I get a little queasy on the first night of a cruise. After that I get my sea legs and I feel find.

On a cruise with our children, our 7 year old daughter--who is prone to motion sickness--threw up after dinner. We thought "Oh No, we're in for a long week." However, by the next morning she was fine and did not have any more trouble for the rest of the week.

As far as teenage girls roaming the ship, I would have no problem letting the girls roam if they were my children. However, just remind them that all of the safety precautions you have taught them over the years apply even more on vacation.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlalena1:
You will have a great time! Please don't worry about your kids wandering around alone. This is one place where they can enjoy complete freedom and you can enjoy peace of mind, two things not often found on land... Just don't even give that issue a second thought.

I did the same thing in Cozumel last August. The taxis are always available, very reasonably priced, and they will recommend a beach and take you there no problemo. Obviously things have changed since I was there- I think Chankanaab Park is a pile of sticks right now. Just try to find a nice low key beach where you can catch some rays and relax. I was in Grand Cayman in April, and although I did not do Stingray City, many other people did and they raved about it.

Bon Voyage and welcome to cruise-chat.
Thanks so much...I think you're right, the kids will be ok on the ship. After all, who wants to hang out with Mommy? I plan on gettin some walkie-talkies so I can get in touch with them.

Another question? How safe is Cozumel? Can we just get off the ship and grab a cab to a beach without worrying? Also..if my 19 yr old and I wanted to go to Carlos and Charlies...would my 15 yr old be allowed in as well, even though shes not of drinking age?
Old 11-24-2005, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by farmerjohn:
If any of your party gets queasy in a car or plane, I would bring something for motion sickness. If not, you are probably okay. Even if you find you need something, the stores on the ships always stock motion sickness products.

I typically have no problem in a plane or car, but I do find that I get a little queasy on the first night of a cruise. After that I get my sea legs and I feel find.

On a cruise with our children, our 7 year old daughter--who is prone to motion sickness--threw up after dinner. We thought "Oh No, we're in for a long week." However, by the next morning she was fine and did not have any more trouble for the rest of the week.

As far as teenage girls roaming the ship, I would have no problem letting the girls roam if they were my children. However, just remind them that all of the safety precautions you have taught them over the years apply even more on vacation.
John...thank you too for your input..

None of us have ever experienced any kind of motion sickness..but then again...we've never been on a ship before. I work for a doctor, and he said he'd give us a 'script for a patch if need be.

I think I need to stop worrying so much, and just enjoy.

86 DAYS!!
Old 11-25-2005, 01:33 PM

It is very safe to just get off the ship and grab a taxi. There are always plenty of them waiting to take you.
Anyone can go in Carlos and Charlies, we were in there with our kids year before last, and they had a blast. It is a really fun place to go and it is a good place to eat also.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-25-2005, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by myk1d3:
It is very safe to just get off the ship and grab a taxi. There are always plenty of them waiting to take you.
Anyone can go in Carlos and Charlies, we were in there with our kids year before last, and they had a blast. It is a really fun place to go and it is a good place to eat also.
Thanks for the input..Carlos and Charlies is a definate stop for us...

85 Days! Not that Im counting....

Closed Thread