Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 07:18 PM

I will be going on the Carnival Miracle leaving 12/21/10... so excited!! We are going to some ports we've never been to before. Can anyone make some recommendations on must see/do excursions?

Our ports will be: LaRomana, Grand Turk, Aruba and Curacao.

I lost my sweet mother earlier this year and this will be my first Christmas without her. I'm looking forward to some great memories!

Thanks for your help!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:38 PM

Welcome to the boards, alexander!

In order to best assist you, it would be helpful to know what exactly you like to do. Are you more of a snorkeling/beach type person, or would you rather go shopping in town or possibly on a guided tour?

You surely will have a great cruise no matter what you do.

Enjoy,

Brad

Old 11-30-2010, 07:50 PM

We like to do a little shopping, but love snorkeling, beaches, guided tours, sightseeing, nature, etc.

Thanks again!!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:26 AM

Hi alexander03, welcome to Cruise-Chat! So sorry to hear of your loss, I miss my parents every day. It does get easier, but the holidays are just not the same.

You'll have a marvelous time. We did a great snorkel through the ship in LaRomana and Grand Turk. The snorkeling in Aruba and Curacao are not work the money, in my opinion. The last time we were in Aruba we went to Palm Beach. It was a nice beach, with all the water toys you like, there was a pier with a restaurant/bar, and it was close enough to hotels to make it easy to get a cab back to the ship.

We did a tour of Curacao, it was called the high lights, or something similar. We visited the Curacao distillery and got to see some of the island. The distillery was my favorite stop, you got a couple of free samples Out of your ports, it's the best for shopping.

Take a look through our Caribbean Port Chat section, a little further down the main page. You can use your "find" feature in the upper left hand corner and type in your ports. It will pull up all the posts made about them, so you might be able to find something that will interest you.

Be sure to try the chocolate melting cake for dessert, it is so yummy!

I hope you will have perfect weather, calm seas, and a wonderful holiday. May you be able to cherish some wonderful memories from this experience. It would be great to start a new tradition of cruising for Christmas. I'll bet you'll be hooked like the rest of us
Old 12-02-2010, 06:20 PM

Thanks! I love the chocolate melting cake!

Closed Thread

Tags
aruba, carnival, christmas, code, cruise, curacao, excursion, excursions, miracle, opinions, promo, promotional, recommendations, reviews, shore