Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2007, 07:42 AM

We are going on this ship in May - have never been on Carnival before - I have read some reviews but would like to hear from people who have recently been on this ship and what they thought. There is a group of us going, ranging in age from 10 y/o to 71 y/o (a young 71 y/o!)

Free Cruise Tickers
Carnival Miracle-05/07
Grandeur of the Seas-03/06
Caribbean Princess-04/05
Old 02-02-2007, 12:32 PM

I was on the Carnival, Miracle last August...it was my 1st with Carnival, but had sailed with Royal Caribbean 5 times..I thought everything was fine...just wasn't as nice as RC...I could'nt stand the dining room color, bright pink, just too much...the food in the dining room lacked flavor...was not impressed with any of the intertainment...I would go on the ship again, as we enjoyed the cruise, especially swimming with the stingrays and Costa Maya..
Old 02-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Administrator

I think most dining room food on any cruise line lacks seasoning. Too many tastes to appeal to so they tend to go for the bland end of things. That said, I've never been disappointed in a dinner on any Carnival ship....I just keep the salt and pepper (and perhaps some tabasco) handy.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Banned

I agree with Dave. The cruise lines keep the food on the bland side because they have so many differant tastes to try and satisfy. I have sailed all the major cruise lines and I find the quality of food on Carnival as good as any and better than most.As far as the ships decor, the spirit class ships all are a little loud.But they are just the right size for us, we enjoy them. Tom
Old 02-26-2007, 03:45 PM

I'm going on the Miracle May 3-11. It will be my first time on the Miracle but went on the Legend, which is the exact same ship (floor plan) with a different theme. The Legend was wonderful. very easy to get around, way easier than the Carnival Destiny. I loved the fact that on deck 3 you can walk almost all the way around the ship on the outer deck. I am so excited to be going on her sister ship. Altho its the same exact itinerary as the Legend, i'm hooked on cruisin and am glad to do it again!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, floor, miracle, plan