Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2007, 06:10 AM
Banned

Depending on the ship and the port you leave from, on formal night you will see about 5% of the men in tuxes, 80% in suits and the rest in khakis with a shirt and tie ( or no tie).

The percentage of tux to suit varies but man will be perfectly comfortable and in place in a suit.

Formal night....
I always wore a Kasper suit (skirt) until I found my Albert Nippon black vintage pantsuit at a Second Hand store for $37.95. love it!!
Flowing palazzo pants with a beautiful accordian top w/chiffon sleeves that had never been worn ($400.00 brand new).
Old 02-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Zita, your sons should be fine in shirt and tie, although I might consider a suit for your 11-year-old.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:16 AM

Anything black accented with "glitter" will be formal. A rhinestone necklace, with earrings, a big fake cocktail ring, a dressy shoe with a glitter bag and your're all set. You could even throw a glitterly shawl over something black and you'll be formal.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:00 PM
I am glad to hear the talk about the children dressing up as this is the way they learn how to act when they grow up and go out to a nice restraunt. When you have tux waiters, crystal, silver then you should know the atmophere has been set for you and you should dress accordingly. I have seen some back hicks that comes in and pass the sign that says no shorts but dressed as they came off the tug boat and plop down at their table. I'm sorry but when they pass me they get that mothers dreaded look that speaks louder than words. I think it is totally disrespectful and without words they hear it from me. Its not that they can't go have dinner at the Lido deck for the night. Besides when your all dressed up there are plenty of opportunities to get a beautiful picture taken.
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 02-08-2007, 10:55 PM

I wanted to share that I too was cringing at the thought of having to purchase 2 formal dresses for out two formal dinner nights, that was...till I found "ROSS DRESS FOR LESS" I hope they have them where you live! I found me and my daughter 2 beautiful black dressy dresses for 15.-20. each! I think I bought something new to wear for most every day of the 8 day cruise and my daughter some things as well and walked out for under 200! I might add that was a total of 4 bathing suits! Check out Ross, TJ Max assuming you have these discount shopping places where you are. I feel wonderful having a new wardrobe for my cruise. Just another thing to get excited about. I found a nice 6 piece set of luggage 29", 25", and a 20", rolling duffle and bath bags on clearance for 44. at Target crazy huh?? Now if only the next 5 weeks would pass. I don't know what else to do..I am way too excited, I need to vacation more often. It has been 4 years since my last big vacation.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:03 PM

before I made it big ...lol ...I used to shop at the thrift stores for all my clothes...the hospice thrift stores were my favorites... ya might want to check them out.
people die leaving alot of nice clothes behind.(for some reason)
I picked up a $450.00 London fog Long Wool coat ( down to the Shin's) for $40.00 and it's like brand new...
Old 02-10-2007, 10:28 AM

Mr October, you sound like my kind of guy! Were you born in October?
Old 02-10-2007, 03:00 PM

why ofcourse Dahlin.....

This is me
Old 02-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Banned

Zita, wear whatever you're comfortable in as long as it's not jeans or shorts. Even on formal night on the Pride last week, men had on jeans on formal night and they aren't even supposed to be allowed. Your sons can get away with khaki pants. There are so many people on ships, no one will even notice. You won't believe your eyes when you see what some people wear. Relax and have fun!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:41 PM

me too, are you a Libra??

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, carnival, catalina, cruise, cruises, dress, dresses, formal, kids, mothers, night, pants, velvet, wear