Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2004, 12:56 PM

Ok- I've read plenty of reviews for Carnival Holiday, including the good, bad and ugly. I really want to know if the Holiday has had a facelift, or if it really is horrible. The reviews I've read tell me nothing whatsoever, because some say the Holiday is amazingly beautiful, and others say it is the worst cruise ship they've ever been on. HELP!! I am due to leave on March 27, 2004, so please respond A.S.A.P.!!!
Old 02-20-2004, 12:56 PM

Ok- I've read plenty of reviews for Carnival Holiday, including the good, bad and ugly. I really want to know if the Holiday has had a facelift, or if it really is horrible. The reviews I've read tell me nothing whatsoever, because some say the Holiday is amazingly beautiful, and others say it is the worst cruise ship they've ever been on. HELP!! I am due to leave on March 27, 2004, so please respond A.S.A.P.!!!
Old 02-20-2004, 02:23 PM
hi we were on the holiday last year the week of Marti gras and we had a great time the food was good the help very friendly and a vacation and cruise is what you make of it. You will not know what it is like untill you are on your cruise and then you can judge for yourself after all you will have a choice not to ever cruise her again if it does not meet your expectations, so go with an open mind and enjoy yourself, do not worry about what other think or write on this board about all the ships some things will be negative as I have wrote negative things about norwegian but that won't stop me from trying some of her sister ships if the price is right happy cruz'n Fran
Old 03-24-2004, 07:47 PM

I would love some tips about the Holiday when you return. I will be traveling on May 27th with 3 teens in our party.

Have a great trip!!!!!
Old 04-11-2004, 10:21 PM

Sailed on Holiday a couple of years ago and hated it. I keep hearing renovations have been done & it is much better now. I hope reports are true & you have a wonderful cruise.
Old 04-18-2004, 03:56 PM

this is to <DeeinMS> how old are your teens? i am 13 and i met lots of kids my age. Tell them they have to register for the teen activities even if they don't want to go. you can come and go as you want and i went to the disco the first night, and the late night movie. i didn't stay for the movie b/c i met people and we left and did our own thing. tell them not to be afraid to introduce themselves to people. if you meet people like i did you should have a wonderful time. go to the teen discos every night with the people you meet. they are blocked off for 12-16 yr olds from 9-10(on my cruise at least)then you can do what we did and hang out on the "kiddie deck" aas we liked to call it. we met there every morning at 11:00, and hung out the whole day, except for the dayz that we were in port. they need to git emails and screen names before they leave to keep in touch with their new friends. The first cruise i was on i had another girl with me and i didn't have as much fun. it's more fun with more people, i don't know why, but it just is. so go out and meet people, don't be content with the people you already know!!! that really applies to all ages. i had a blast and the ship was clean and freshly renovated and everything was in order. The crew is very friendly and loves the kids, they wave every time you pass one of them by. a word of advice to them, if you go to the library, be quiet and bring a jacket!!! it's cold in there!! we all got kicked out because we were to loud when we were playin a game!! if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask me!!
Old 04-18-2004, 03:57 PM

sorry that last post was from me!!! i messed up the username!! lol!!
Old 04-21-2004, 09:25 PM

Thanks cruisechic for the review. my teens are 15,16 & 18 ( not all mine I'll make sure they sign up for the activities. I'm so happy to hear about the renovations. How was port day in Cozumel? What are the food choices not to be missed?
Old 04-23-2004, 03:59 PM

ok well im only 13, im not sure if they would enjoy much else besides the teen disco.
port day in cozumel was pretty short, but really fun. i want to recomend the beach we have gone to both time i was in cozumel. the name is Mr. Sanchos. you can eat, sunbathe(i think i spelled that right, maybe not)rent jet skis, go banana boating, go parasailing, and it has free entry of course there is additional cost for anything extra you wish to do. there is also a small shopping area, and a place where you can even get a massage. you can take a taxi there from the cruise ship terminal, and also take a taxi back.
you really need to do some shopping in the town at some point, because, well, you just do, trust me!!

food: the food on the ship is wonderful. i don't know if this is your first cruise or not, but there is a pizzeria, a midnight buffett, hamburger place, ton's of bars, and a desert area. the dinner in the dinning room was fantastic!! the steak i had (prime rib or sirloin, one) was delicious. i had the tirimisu one night and man it hit the spot. you may also get soft serve ice cream or frozen yogurt at you will. when ever you may be hungry i guarantee there is always something to eat!!
feel free to ask me whatever you want if you have any more questions. talk to you later!!
Old 04-23-2004, 08:03 PM

Thanks for the info!!!!! I think you've answered all my questions.

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, beach, good, holiday, mr, renovations, sanchos