Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2006, 06:03 PM

I just got my room assignment and I am on the Imagination the rivera deck which looking at the deck plan looks like the bottom row of the ship, also towards the front of the ship which is a quad room that is only where quads are at!!!!! Please help me will I get sea sick being all the way at the bottom and near the front of the ship.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-10-2006, 06:18 PM

There are quad rooms on Riviera, Main, Upper, and Empress. How did you book your cruise? What category? Did you book a Guarantee or a Room assignment?
Old 03-10-2006, 06:24 PM

We are in a group so we have to do the whole group. My travel agent says that she hopes for an upgrade. Please help me understand these rooms and being on the rivera is that at the bottom.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-10-2006, 06:48 PM

How big is the group? Unless the group ask for a specific deck it is very typical for groups to be booked on the lowest deck because that is the cheapest price. You don't have an actual room assignment yet do you? Usually groups are booked on the lowest deck and often get an upgrade. It is not 100% though. I just had 31 people on the Destiny. They booked one year out in category 4a and 6a and they all received upgrades. I have been on the Riviera deck front many times and never really thought I noticed a difference from being on higher decks or midship.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:40 AM
nita the rivira deck is about 30 or 40 feet up some time more, from the pier thats at least 4 or five floors you will not get sea sick because of the deck area you will get sea sick if you run into bad weather, rough seas no matter what floor you are on if you are prone to sea sickness it does not care what deck you are on, there is one other deck below you that is where the medical is and the tender debaking all other floors are below are ships stores and engine rooms and offices operation rooms,there dining rooms, crews cabins etc so there are alot of other foors on that ship we never see, we had the oportunity to tour part of that part of the ship in 2000 they are on the bottom of the ship my dear not you!
Old 03-11-2006, 04:06 AM

Nita,

as you have opened two threads on this topic, I'm closing this one here as it is confusing to have a split-up discussion in multiple threads. Please continue in the other thread. Thanks.

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread

Tags
assign, assignment, bad, carribbean, changing, cruise, deck, dream, ecstasy, good, group, guarantee, room, royal, terrible