Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 02:32 PM

Hello-
Has anyone sailed on the carnival dream to belize. If so, in what city do they dock and what is there to do there?
Old 05-12-2010, 06:14 PM

Hello pprieto75,
I was just there in April, but on the Miracle. We were tendered right into Belize city. I have been to this port a few times and found the excursions to be really great. This last time we did the Xunantunich Mayan Ruins and loved the whole tour. Bus ride is 2 hours but was a wealth of information and of all the ruins we have been to this was the best. We stopped on the way back and had a terrific lunch.
The cave tubing and canopy tour are both supposed to be really fun if you like a more active excursion. We knew of people that went on both and were very pleased with their choices.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I've taken the Altun Ha and Belize river excursion twice....and really nice way to see some of the river area and Mayan ruins plus you get a native style lunch.....there is a large shopping pier once you tender in....and of course Belkins beer....give it a try....Happy Sailing.....

Bob E
Old 05-12-2010, 10:07 PM

was in Belize a few weeks ago, did the Altun Ha ruins and for me I was a bit disappointed after having been to much bigger ones before, but the Belkin beer was great.... but no matter what you do its a very nice place to visit
wendy
Old 05-13-2010, 09:06 AM

There is no large pier there. You have to tender into Belieze City. And by the way I would not wander around outside the fenced area. I agree the Belkin was good..
Old 05-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Belize is building a cruise terminal with piers using Carnival money. However the project seems to be going awfully slow and their website hasn't been updated in a while. It isn't open yet and I'd be surprised if it opened anytime soon.

Closed Thread

Tags
belize, carnival, cruise, mayan, reviews, ruins, tour, user, xunantunich