Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2006, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pjjek05:
We have had our cruise booked for several months and I just heard a few weeks ago about the topless deck. I just think parents should know that it is there! As a parent of a teenage boy, I'm not for sure there will be a way to keep him away from there, I just wish that when you choose a "family vacation", these things would be made known!!! Can't protect them forever, but yet don't want to send a negative message to our kids either!!! Oh well, I am planning to have a wonderful vacation!!
Try not to worry too much. There were only 3-4 women, when I ventured up there. There was a sign that said adults only and crew members were re-directing anyone who looked underage. Each of the ladies sat really far away from the stairs and with their back facing the stairwell. I think most teenages would be too afraid to venture that far just to get a peek. My friend and I never encountered men or anyone underage while we were up there. This was about 3 years ago and things/people change, but this was my experience.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:57 AM
alot of the topless bathing is done on your own balcony if you have a balcony room, how do I know, my daughter suns on the balcony and there is no way any one can see unless they climb over the railing, as far as the topless deck we did not find it till the 4th day of cruise it is usually in a discret area where really no one ventures to, and you usally have to ask a crew member for directions, it is not blately posted with arrows pointed to it, so I would not worry besides knowing kids of today they have seen more then a few naked breasted women. Movies, Tv, internet, Magazines please!! they probaby know more then you about the facts of life!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 06:07 AM
Administrator

When we cruise on the Holiday we get one of the suites. The topless area is directly above the suites. I didn't know this until I was wandering around and saw the sign on the steps. I don't think anyone used this area as we never heard anyone up there or saw any movement while out on our balcony.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:35 AM

Dave-

You sure know a lot about the topless areas
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 05-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Just doing the research needed to be a forum administrator! Some aspects of this job can be downright tedious.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:27 PM

I was curious about the topless deck as well. So I told my dad and brother I was going up there and was going to be topless and that kept them from being "curious". This was the Victory ship back in December 2000, and there were NO signs of any sort.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:13 PM

There were two other things keeping my kids off the topless deck. their father and I.

I think it is not something I would do on a public ship but I think we have to take personal responsibilty. My kids knew it was there, we told them what we expected from them and it never was a problem. I never saw anyone peeking, stalking around, nothing. It was very quiet...way out of the way... we actually found it by accident and it was very very unnoticable.

Not a problem if you have control of your kids.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 07-04-2006, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a great family cruise line. If someone is looking for an excuse why not to cruise with Carnival I'd mention the topless deck.
lol

some of my best times on my cruises have been on the topless deck...mostly because the prudes dont go up there...if they did they would find not everyone is topless and are having a great time. so what someone takes there Top off whats the big deal? you can see that watching the superbowl.
it's a place to escape from closed minded people and Kids. it's not just about the hooters.

Just my two cents

preparing for flames now
Old 07-05-2006, 01:11 AM

If the ship has one it is the upper most small sundeck at the funnel base. I realize and appreciate this is a friendly positive board, and though I may be reprimanded, or even kicked off. I cannot resist saying this. I think they should be more concerned with their kids running wild and unsafe and annoying other passengers than if the un-supervised child catches a glimpse of a t*t.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:54 AM

Quote:
I think they should be more concerned with their kids running wild and unsafe and annoying other passengers than if the un-supervised child catches a glimpse of a t*t.
Wow!!
Amen

Closed Thread

Tags
area, carnival, conquest, deck, decks, destiny, dream, ecstasy, funnel, legend, pool, serenity, splendor, topless, triumph