Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 10:44 AM

Thank you for the welcome.

You could always just take the ferry over to St Johns then get a taxi to take you to Trunk Bay. Just make sure you are back in time to catch the ferry to get you back to the ship on time.

FUTURE CRUISES:

Carnival Dream .......... April 30, 2011

PAST CRUISES:

Carnival Victory .......... May 09
Carnival Destiny .......... Oct 07
Carnival Fascination ..... Jun 97
Carnival Fascination ..... May 00
Carnival Carnivale ........ May 86
Old 06-08-2009, 02:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Casanova frankenstein:
^^^^
Not necessarily
As I remember form my last cruise in Carnival Destiny the excursions were not available until a few weeks before my cruise, I guess two weeks before or something like that, main problem was I was trying to book them and that was my guess also so maybe is a good choice to call carnival to find out what is happening
any way I live on Puerto Rico and had been in that route three times if you want any info on the islands please let me know...but call carnival just in case I prefer to book directly from the cruise company than from private tour companies.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:50 PM

Cassanova, thanks for the information on shore excursions being offered only about 2 weeks before departure.

I took your advice and called 1-888-CARNIVAL at its website questions choice. The fellow said if I was looking at my personal cruise page with my own itinerary and shore excursions were being removed, they were probably being reserved to their fullest extent.

He said other shore excursions may not be listed until the last possible moment on the boat itself and also there could be folks canceling.

I think I will contact private snorkeling companies or find creative ways to get into the reefs. On the bright side, we will be working with locals instead of only Carnival employees.

I've researched Barbados and think Silver Moon Charters would be a good bet. I'm waiting for their E-mail reply to find out their price. Tiami Catamaran Sailing Cruises would be a second choice. We want to swim with turtles and Paynes Bay sounds like the best bet
Old 06-08-2009, 03:01 PM

Penny3333 and Dakota Bee, thanks for the information. I've just finished researching Barbados snorkeling and now am starting on St. Tomas and St. John. The ferry and taxi combination sounds reasonable. Thanks again.

Does Silver Moon Charters for Paynes Bay, Barbados, sound like a good option to you? We want to swim with turtles. I'm not sure we would be interested in the shipwrecks. The Carnival pirate ship sounded like a lot of fun but it's not offerred anymore.

Usually I research all our travels and I take risks. But this time I have four other family members of varied ages to please and I have to be more careful.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:34 AM

I believe Silver Moon was the company another one of our board members went on. We had always done Tiami out of Barbados, and they tried to book that one, but they were full. I'm pretty sure they ended up booking with Silver Moon and said it was fantastic. The pirate ship is nothing more than a booze cruise. If you're looking for something like that, anything that says "Pirate Cruise" or "Jolly Roger Cruise" will be a booze cruise. I'll warn you though, they use local rum, and the rum punch is way more potent than you think. We had a girl fall into the water when she was trying to board the ship one year. Fell right between the sea wall and the ship. I didn't see her at dinner for the next 2 nights. I'm sure her hangover was horrible. I'll be danged if I want to spend my cruise in bed from a hangover.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:00 PM

If you decide on the St. John/Trunk Bay trip, Jim C. wrote a great post on doing it on your in the FAQ section. Here is a link.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, comments, cruise, cruises, excursion, excursions, recommendations, review, reviews, shore, signing, southern, tips, victory