Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2005, 05:11 PM

I was wondering if anyone could give me any info. from personal experiences on the carnival victory. I'm going in April 2006 and just wondering how much the alcohol drinks are on board? If there really is a nude pool? How much money someone would suggest the ship/sail would cost at the end If i was to drink. Also are the drinks watered down like some places (I know at all-inclusive places they water them down)? If anyone could help me that would be great. thanks
Old 10-25-2005, 03:40 AM
I have sailed Victory 2 times last year they do not have a nude swimming pool, most of the ships have a special place for topless sun bathing in front of ship which is also seen by the bridge so if you don't mind the crew oggling you go for it. drinks are about 3.79 or so they include tip and are served in souviner plastic glasses or you can order drinks in reg plastic cups they run between 2.00 and 2.75 and tey do not water the drinks down at all the bartenders are pretty free with pouring again if you locate a favorite bar and see the same bartender we found them to be very free with the booze and tipping them helps also they will remember you and what you drink, so find a favorte place to drink and get to know your bartenders they like to talk about thier homes and families and can give you information about other ships they served on. I have spa prices from our last cruise on the victory I am going to try and scan them and post. in the next day or so if I can figure out how to do it, for other readers, by the way beer is sold also by 6 pack on board in buckets they run about 10.00 hope this helps you alittle Fran
Old 10-25-2005, 10:04 AM

These are the bar prices as of my most recent Carnival cruise (Sept 2005): (I have a copy of the complete bar menu - but for the sake of brevity these are the averages) - Domestic Beer $3.25 / Imported Beers $3.75 and up / Coolers and Breezes $3.50 / Mixed Drinks and frozen cocktails $3.75 - $5.00 / wine (by the glass) $4.50 - $6.50. Drinks in souvenir glasses were more.

As for watered down drinks - I would avoid the frozen drink specials, but mixed drinks, etc were standard pour and not watered down.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-25-2005, 11:42 AM

Thanks so much for the info. just trying to figure out how much this trip might cost me in the end. Has anyone gone out of Miami before? if so do they know any hotels that are local next to the port?
Glad to hear they don't have a nude pool, someone wrote in a review I was reading that there was one, so I was just wondering. On the bar menu- does it mention if they have Malibu Rum- that's my favorite. thanks a bunch for the info.
Are the spa's worth it or they more expensive then a normal one from someones hometown?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:09 PM

Malibu Rum was $4.25 (before tip) on my Sept. cruise. When you sign for your drink you do not tip separately. Gratuity is always automatically added to bar tabs and is a flat 15%. I also beleive, if memory serves me correctly, that some of the "frozen specialty drinks" were made with Malibu Rum.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
bathing, carnival, cost, cruise, cruises, curise, drinks, experiences, im, malibu, personal, rum, ship, topless, victory, victorydrinkprices