Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 02:37 PM

Has anyone been on the Carnival Liberty within the last two years? If so, would you please give me your pro/cons of the ship, etc.

We are thinking of visiting as one of the islands, Tortola, and I understand this ship goes that direction.

Brneyes
Old 06-13-2007, 07:49 AM

I just did a long 2 part review of the Liberty a week or so ago. It is either on the first, second or third page of this forum.

Tortola is stunning and a very pleasant atmosphere. The economy on Tortola is extremely robust and it shows in the appearance and demeanor of its citizens. Very nice, laid back folks. I would see running away and living on that island.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 06-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by brneyes:
Has anyone been on the Carnival Liberty within the last two years? If so, would you please give me your pro/cons of the ship, etc.

We are thinking of visiting as one of the islands, Tortola, and I understand this ship goes that direction.

Brneyes
My daughter dances on Liberty and we cruised just a few months ago. She will be moving to the Destiny in Sept, her contract ends in July or I would say the best thing about the Liberty is..my daughter dancing. But more to your question, I found the Liberty very nice but not much different than other large Carnival Ships. The outside giant screen was differnet but didn't really impress me. Crew was great and I agree with all the review comments made by IBCRUZIN. I did like the Festival atmosphere and colored lights and masks and jester theme that were all over. It is a FUN ship.

And Tortola was nice, we took a tour to a beach and a luncheon. Wanted to get back early and a cab was easy to find. Nice Island. I liked Antigua also, we did the rain forrest walking tour. About 7 miles up and down, very educational
Old 06-14-2007, 07:29 AM

Ill be on this ship in October and cant wait
Old 06-15-2007, 05:17 AM

I am gonna be on the Liberty in September. I have been on the Glory - a Conquest Class Ship before and loved it!
CruiseDad - After all that I have read about your daughter dancing on the Liberty, I actually looked forward to identifying her in the shows. Ah well, I guess that I will have to get on the Destiny to do that!

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 06-15-2007, 09:15 AM

IBCRUZIN, thanks for your input on the Liberty. I will try to look up your report when I have time.

Thanks for giving me just a "tad" detail of what you thought of Tortola. It sounds just like what I would like to see.

Brneyes
Old 06-15-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
IBCRUZIN, thanks for your input on the Liberty. I will try to look up your report when I have time.

Thanks for giving me just a "tad" detail of what you thought of Tortola. It sounds just like what I would like to see.

Brneyes
My review is posted under cruisereviews as well as in a thread. I didn't go into detail about my travels to the ship or the various ports b/c the liberty does both eastern and western itineraries and i mainly wanted to review the ship.

Tortola is now one of my favorite islands. I went to Cane Garden Bay beach. It was unbelievably. Water clear, sand powder soft, clean - small vendor's market with colorful trinkets - men walking the beach selling fresh coconut/alcohol concoctions, delicious - several small restaurants along the beach, very clean, good food - beach lounge and umbrellas are $5 each, no deposit - small wagon selling food and drinks on beach. Very scenic, surrounded by moutains, palm trees, sail boats. Very very very enjoyable way to spend your day in port.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 06-15-2007, 01:07 PM

CruiseDad, thanks for your response. Yes, I can see why you would like the Liberty also, especially with your daughter dancing there.

You said she was transferring to the Destiny? I had thought about the Destiny, but my TA said she thought (her idea ) it was too old for us to take.

You mentioned the festive atmosphere of the court jesters/masks and colored lights on the Liberty. Is that the scheme of the ship, or is that something that they have one night? Souns like fun.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:42 PM

Mr. October, please when you return, write a review, or write a little of your trip on the Liberty when you return in October.

I will be "anxiously" waiting to hear your thughts of this cruise.

Have a great sailing.

Brneyes
Old 06-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Quote:
CruiseDad, thanks for your response. Yes, I can see why you would like the Liberty also, especially with your daughter dancing there.

You said she was transferring to the Destiny? I had thought about the Destiny, but my TA said she thought (her idea ) it was too old for us to take.

You mentioned the festive atmosphere of the court jesters/masks and colored lights on the Liberty. Is that the scheme of the ship, or is that something that they have one night? Souns like fun.
It is a ships theme. On either side of the Stage in the big theater are court Jesters larger than life, and throughout the ship are touches of a masquarade ball. After you notice you begin to see it everywhere. I liked it

Closed Thread

Tags
2007, carnival, itinerary, liberty, ports